The h2g2 Post 22.02.10

2 Conversations



Posted: 22th February 2010


 

 

All men are created equal


Well, it's what it says on the tin, but it's still not in the tin. My son is still doing his conscription. He asked me to cut his hair again. It's not even long, just curly, which apparently is considered 'unruly' by his superiors. So I got the scissors out again and shortened the hair in the ear and neck area. Just why the men have to have their hair that ridiculously short while at the same time the women don't have to cut their hair at all is beyond me.

My youngest son was appointed to his medical examination on Friday. He is still not sure whether he'll do his conscription or do community service instead. I hope he'll go for the latter, I'm not sure I can endure all this hassle with the German Bundeswehr all over again.

But enough of my Sunday woes, on to nicer things. I browsed the Post archives a bit, as you do. There are so many gems in there, it's a shame they should be all forgotten and never see the light of day again. I'll try to pick one of those gems more frequently and give it a new airing. Today, we'll start with the 'Word of the Week'. I thought it was absolutely fitting, as we went from the Word of the Day to word of the Week to Quote of the Day to Quote of the Week on the h2g2 Front Page within the last ten years. Who knows, maybe Demon Drawer would like to take the column up again or somebody else may want to take it on?

Whatever the outcome, please enjoy the current issue of the Post.


B'Elana


 

 
TERRA INCOGNITA

 

 

  • Rear View

  • Beatrice flies into the Gambia to meet the Calum's Crew


 

 

WAR AND PEACE


 

 

 

 

SUPPORTING DEVICES


 

 

 

 

WORKING WITH WORDS


 

 

 

 
COMMUNITY

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION

 

 


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A61427036

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more