Posted Mar 19, 2004
Who else has found Get Writing? I clicked on a link from the BBCi News site for a competition, and was pleasantly suprised to find it's not a dip wannabe site after all...
So I registered. And am now exploring. Can I hear a w00t?
My lip is swollen.
Posted Mar 13, 2004
I am on my third icecube today in an attempt to stop it hurting.
It's the top lip, both the left and right side (although the right is worse than the left), like...two reasonably sized lumps. On the bit >M< like the top of the "m" if that makes sense.
I don't know what I did, besides picking at the skin a little. I don't remember it bleeding.
"The Passion of the Christ" : mini-review by Saturnine.
Posted Mar 8, 2004
Guess whose seen the fiiiiiiiiiilm...
I'm not going to post all of my views onsite - right now I am still collecting my thoughts on it in order to write a comprehensive blog on it. My blog is at
for all those interested.
But to summarise it for those who may have concerns -
* It's not anti-semetic. It's most offensive to Little People.
* I have seen more gore in other films.
* In terms of cinematography and the merits of TPOTC as a film, I would be horrified if it was nominated for an Oscar. It's a pretty average movie in terms of skill, artistic direction, originality and good camera shots.
* Most of the film is based around the scourging of Christ and the Stations of the Cross.
* Mel did a John Milton in his portayal of Satan. He made her ambiguous and open to interpretation. I read it in my own way, and was satisfied.
* There are some shocking scenes involving children being made to look demonic - think on the level of "The Exorcist" - and one scene in particular that made me jump out of my seat. But that was a film technique taken from other, better films than this one.
* It wasn't accurate, not even to the Bible. So be prepared for disappointment on that level.
* I got bored with half an hour to go.
The best parts of the film are excellent. It's not a complete throwaway film. The relationship between Christ and his mother is perhaps the most touching of all character relationships.
In other words - go see it. See it to question yourself, see it to question Christianity and your beliefs in your own god, see it to say that you've seen it. Most of all though, I think it's best to see it so you know your placing in world history. We aren't reminded of our own existance enough - and I'm not saying that the crucifixion of Christ reminded me of my own existance. More the morals of killing a man to save your soul as well as the reliance on this religion through the centuries of Judeo-Christian society reminded me where I am in the universe.
It makes you think, and anything that makes you think is worth a try.
***THIS WAS ALSO POSTED ON THE "THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST" THREAD HERE - F19585?thread=387401***
OK folks, lets have an email party...
Posted Feb 22, 2004
The latest abusive email that I received this evening really tips the scales of offensive. Not only does it make certain racist comments, it also threatens my personal safety, as well as my family's. I've passed it on to the appropriate authorities, and will be passing it on to anyone from this site who emails me (Egon & Potholer, my shaw.ca address has been down for a while, and I know you email me there. If you email me via the bigfoot address, I'm available there) and wants to see it.
Note for the folks who wish to attack me personally - I AM CURRENTLY LIVING IN CANADA. I AM 5000 MILES AWAY FROM YOU. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO HURT ME PHYSICALLY.
As well as this, it makes me sad that my original journal post was moderated. Yes, I did email them back and ask them to change it, like an civilised person would. If they choose to, I'm fine with that. That is how you react to someone doing something you don't like, not calling them a s, threatening their homes and generally acting like an abusive fool. Emailing from an activemail account also means that I know you are a Telewest customer. Telewest log the changes in email addresses. All they have to do is check the email out and see who sent it - nothing you do via their system is not logged. That's how they ensure non-abuse of their email system. to the person that sent it.
I am so sick of this. It's been weeks. It's fine to be upset, but at some point, you have to get over it and find another way through life.
NB - I know not all of the people who are digiboxers are behaving like this. Just so you know. In fact, right now, I feel sorry for those who would never do this in a million years.
Posted Feb 12, 2004
TopHat KittyCat returns! Finally!
Welcome her back!