A Conversation for Ask h2g2

The Queen's Secret...

Post 21

Orcus

>I give Charles credit for being, despite the best education money and privilege could buy, a dimwitted anti-scientific nut bar.<

Sums it up for me.

The Queen's Secret...

Post 22

Sho - employed again!

yepp. Me too

The Queen's Secret...

Post 23

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Is William regarded as a better bet?

The Queen's Secret...

Post 24

Orcus

I'm not sure we're the best people to ask given our cynicism.

The UK is largely divided between those who adore the royals and those who can't stand them.
To me they're an irrelevance personally. I pay very little attention to what they do or don't do unless it's completely in my face. I personally have no strong feelings about them being abolished or left as is. William? He flew helicopters once and landed one at his girlfriend's house once in controversial circumstances. He is busy having a family at the moment. I think he's been deliberately groomed to be out of the limelight and we know little about him just like the Queen.
Harry is the one left to make a dick of himself in public, or not, as he sees fit.

The Queen's Secret...

Post 25

SiliconDioxide

Given the coincidence of timing, I had a theory that the Birthday fairies miss-heard something that the Queen muttered under her breath afetr she blew out those 90 candles.

The Queen's Secret...

Post 26

There are rumors that the Queen will retire soon and pass the crown to William. Have these rumors been addressed in any reputable newspapers?

The Queen's Secret...

Post 27

bobstafford

Are there any reputable newspapers?

The Queen's Secret...

Post 28

Orcus

Several have reputations

The Queen's Secret...

Post 29

Rev Nick - dead man walking (mostly)

I have a reputation ... smiley - bigeyes

Wouldn't sell many papers though.

As to any papers that would take such insider info - "Yup, gonna give it all over to Billy..."

I'd not call that 'reputable' either.

The Queen's Secret...

Post 30

I gather that the answer's no. Not a surprise.

The Queen's Secret...

Post 31

Sho - employed again!

those rumours are just wishful thinking. The queen won't abdicate as she believes that her job is something God has sanctioned for life. And it's not up to her who's next, is it? For better or worse we'll be landed with Charles.

The Queen's Secret...

Post 32

Wand'rin star

Let's hope she lives as long as her mother then.smiley - starsmiley - star

The Queen's Secret...

Post 33

Only as long? smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post