A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Should I wote for the euro?

Post 21

Xanatic(phenomena phreak)

I think instead of crawling into the euro, we should turn around and run. The unified Europe might be a good idea, but I think the EU has shown that it is not the right one to do it. And why should a unified Europe not have any wars? Unless we blended it all into a homogenous mass.

Post 22

Subzero

I fail to see why anyone would be hesitant to trade in their life savings in their native currencies for a EURO. It is certain to be at least as successful as the previous attempt to unite Europe through a common language - ESPERANTO!

Just look at America's example; after 80 years and a civil war, the DOLLAR was finally accepted nationwide.

Post 23

LewiDenmark

Xanatic:
Actually, Denmark is the one making all the trouble if you go into it.
We wan't all our regulatives pushed onto the other countries, and none of the cooperation.
As for the wars; if a country, even an EU contry, attacks an EU contry, then the idea is that all of EU declares war against the attacker.
Protecting peace by extreme power, much like when the atomic bomb was put into use.

Removed

Post 24

JK the unwise

This post has been removed.

Post 25

LewiDenmark

Almost right, in Denmark people vote for the ones they've always voted for... Social Demokratiet.

How sad

At every poll they say they're going to vote for Venstre, but they lose their guts and vote for SD

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more