A Conversation for Ask h2g2

T,S and Sf T

Post 461

Percy von Wurzel

We several, surely? "When shall we three meet again?" "How about a week next Tuesday?" To misquote Terry Pratchett.
The only death worth lamenting is one's own and we godless souls probably believe that we will not exist to do so. Death is not a philosophical toy, it is a highly probable event and we might as well get used to the idea that we are mortal. My grandmother used to tell me that I would be late for my own funeral. i only hope that she was correct. smiley - smiley

T,S and Sf T

Post 462

JK the unwise

What about the death
of high culture
(as if)
isnt that worth lamenting?
smiley - fairy

T,S and Sf T

Post 463

Percy von Wurzel

High culture - a smelly growth? Clostridium perfringens? I can just about cope with the idea of culture ('the way we do things') but 'high'? High by who's standards? My 'high' culture is alive and kicking thankyou, albeit not growing very quickly. The death of 'low' culture - mindless, repetitive, cheap, exploitative, ill-considered - I would celebrate; but I fear that it may be immortal.smiley - vampire

God

Post 464

Pedro

Does God believe in humans?

God

Post 465

Mother of God, Empress of the Universe

Yes. He has no choice.

God

Post 466

Budobear

Some peolpe are quoted as saying that They "have found God". I want to ask where they find him, I have looked all over the place and I can't find him anywhere. I checked all the normal places you look when you can't find something, down the back of the sofa, the the draw in the kitchen where you keep all the other things that "might come in useful" but hes not there. If any one can help me locate him I would be very grateful as I have some questions I need answering, not major questions just things that bug me.

God

Post 467

JK the unwise

2 find God one has only to lose ones mind.
smiley - fairy

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more