A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Decisions? Skyrim

Post 741

Alfster

minichessemouse

Switch the Xbox on with the disc in and keep the A button pressed down until you get to the menu screen. This clears the cache which seem to slow the game down.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/10531/Oblivion-Fragmented-Cache-Data-Fix/

Decisions? Skyrim

Post 742

Mistadrong, (Count vonCount.)the last Gog standing

I think I might have c*cked things up for myself in Skyrim.
Started out as a Redguard building up armour and block etc.
Since then I've been seduced by destruction but it's taken me ages to
make progress in it. Getting there though, it's very satisfying to
freeze an enemy and watch it keel over.
smiley - vampire

Decisions? Skyrim

Post 743

Vip

I think it's difficult to truly screw things up - you might find that it takes you longer to get good, but I don't think anything is truly closed forever. smiley - smiley

smiley - fairy

Decisions? Skyrim

Post 744

Malabarista - now with added pony

That would sound very inspirational if you weren't talking about a video game smiley - winkeye

Decisions? Skyrim

Post 745

Vip

*sigh* So, so true! smiley - laugh

smiley - fairy

Decisions? Skyrim

Post 746

smiley - laugh
I have to admit it's quite true. I've concentrated on destruction and
there are some really kick-ass spells to use.
One slight downside is to see a destroyed target go sailing away,
usually over the mountain edge. I spend ages trying to find it so I can loot it.
Very satisfying when a gang of bandits come at you,"I'm going to enjoy
looting your body" and blasting them with chain lightning.
smiley - vampire

Decisions? Skyrim

Post 747

HonestIago

Played the co-op dlc for Portal 2 today. It really is a masterpiece, both as a game and as a storytelling medium. GlsDOS is an abnormally great character and does so much with very little dialogue.

Decisions? Skyrim

Post 748

My son is playing Portal 2 atm and is full of praise for it.
From what I've seen it looks great.
smiley - vampire

Decisions? Skyrim

Post 749

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

Portal 2 is brilliant... "Most people emerge from suspension terribly undernourished. I want to congratulate you on beating the odds and somehow managing to pack on a few pounds."

Decisions? Skyrim

Post 750

fords - number 1 all over heaven

Ah, good old Portal smiley - biggrinsmiley - cake

I've gotten back into Civ 5, although I still have Deus Ex, LA Noire and bits and bobs in AC: Brotherhood to do. Still playing Skyrim but I know I'm not gonna complete that game any time soon smiley - dragon

Decisions? Skyrim

Post 751

I'm amazed at how big Skyrim is. I've got sidetracked in a hunt for books
atm so I'm discovering new places. Just spotted an intriguing village/settlement/port way below me. I'm off to explore it as soon as I
find the book.
smiley - vampire

Decisions? Skyrim

Post 752

I get so involved doing the side quests I'm way behind in the main storyline. Still, I'm having fun and that's all that matters smiley - biggrin

Decisions? Skyrim

Post 753

HonestIago

I lost a lot of time to Skyrim over the Christmas holiday, it was kinda awesome. Barely touched the main quest but I've already done about 60 hours and reached Level 29.

fords I love your tagline smiley - biggrin

Decisions? Skyrim

Post 754

Why thank you smiley - biggrin

I'm only level 18 as I've not had a lot of time to play, but I'm doing alright. I've gone down the archery route with my thief and she can sneakily assassinate from afar like a boss.

Decisions? Skyrim

Post 755

There's no feeling finer than clearing a dungeon without once getting into close combat...

Decisions? Skyrim

Post 756

Malabarista - now with added pony

Unfortunately, I got so far ahead in Morrowind doing side quests that the main quest got too easy and therefore, boring. I also nearly spoiled it by giving myself permanent water breathing...

Decisions? Skyrim

Post 757

I've never got very far with Morrowind, kept getting too frustrated with how it worked.

Planning to download Morrowblivion which transfers Morrowind into the Oblivion engine. Should be quite good.

Decisions? Skyrim

Post 758

sprout

Sounds like fun. Got quite far with Morrowind but then computer died so moved to Oblivion. Which is great.

sprout

Decisions? Skyrim

Post 759

Vip

Morroblivion? Let us know how that pans out Mr D, I'd be interested in that.

I've done about 70 hours without doing the plot as well. I've even managed to pick up about six dragon shouts, but of course with no dragons flying around to get their souls it makes them rather redundant. smiley - winkeye

smiley - fairy

Decisions? Skyrim

Post 760

HonestIago

I got lucky and fast-travelled into a battle with 3 dragons. I was rather over-encumbered afterwards.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more