A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Annoying Things.

Post 41

Shagrath (Join the Metal Appreciators' Society @ A2556489)

Isn't it annoying when you post and you find out that your post is on a new page and you have to click back to see what you responded to???!?!???!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?

...okay not really...

Annoying Things.

Post 42

Smudger879n

I have been away for the main annoying thing ever, "your PC getting a virus"smiley - grrsmiley - steam
Im glad to see this thread still going, as it gives us all a chance to let off smiley - steamsmiley - oksmiley - winkeye
smiley - cheersSmudger,

Annoying Things.

Post 43

Smudger879n

I just thought I would bring this thread back to life, after witnessing a really annoying thing today while I was out shoppingsmiley - grr

I had pulled ino the car park of our local ASDA and started to look for a space in the disabled bays, no joy all filled up.
So I went deep into the main car park fo find a bay.
After struggling to walk to the main door, I past at least 6 cars parked in the disabled bays with no Blue Badgessmiley - grr

Just at that point this young couple came bouncing out of the store with a few bags, ran over their car and started to reverese out! at some speed.

So fast in fact, that they almost knocked over this poor old bloke struggling with a zimmer. He too had just covered the long walk over from the main car park!!

They had been parked in the disabled bayssmiley - grr Now that really annoy mesmiley - erm
smiley - cheersSmudger,

Annoying Things.

Post 44

Researcher 1214535

Hi Smudger - I can definitely go with you there - never really thought about that until my mum had really really bad arthritis and I suddenly realised how important the disabled parking bays were to people. Now I fume every time I see someone pull into a disabled bay, hop out of the car and run off smiley - grrsmiley - grr

Annoying Things.

Post 45

DaveBlackeye

Yup I can sort of understand that. I notice that every car parked in the "parent and child" bays with occupants who are either without child, or have forgotten to collect child from the supermarket when they drive off, are always either Mercedes or large 4x4 owners. OK, not quite as annoying as parking in the disabled bays, but still smiley - grrsmiley - grrsmiley - grr

Annoying Things.

Post 46

The Groob

Yes. We've discussed this before on H2. It makes me more than a little angry. To sum up the attitude of people who do that?

'F**k everyone else, I'm alright.'

I'd like to see the law enforced.

There is a disabled couple who have made some stickers to put on the cars of people who 'steal' their disabled places in car parks. The stickers read:

"Thanks for stealing my parking space. I hope you never need it."

Annoying Things.

Post 47

taliesin

A disabled friend used to carry a few wooden toothpicks, as instruments of instant karma smiley - zen

It's quite entertaining to watch someone try to unlock their vehicle when the keyhole has a broken off toothpick tip wedged deep within smiley - evilgrin

Annoying Things.

Post 48

Teuchter

Carrying on the motoring theme.......

Why is it that old people buy cars with massive engines - then chunter along at 25 MPH everywhere?
What's the point of that? They'd be just as happy holding up the traffic in a much smaller car.

My main bugbear is people who don't stick to the speed limit. I'm as guilty as the next person of speeding on motorways but I try really hard never to speed on other roads. Having said that, I will drive right on the speed limit, if it is safe to do so.

And another thing - people who wind down the car window and jettison all the cr*p of the day. smiley - grr

Annoying Things.

Post 49

A Super Furry Animal

>> It's quite entertaining to watch someone try to unlock their vehicle when the keyhole has a broken off toothpick tip wedged deep within <<

Most cars unlock with a beepy thing* these days.

RFsmiley - evilgrin

* Industry terminology.

Annoying Things.

Post 50

Smudger879n

Yea! I like your posts folks, some really smiley - cool ones there, the tooth pick was a smiley - laugh must remember that onesmiley - winkeye

As regards to the slow speed issue, Yea! thats true about the big cars and slow speedsmiley - wah
Another one that smiley - wahs me, is them big 4X4s that the Mums use to take the kids to schoolsmiley - wah the only time they ever go "off-road" is when they mount the curb on the "Double Yellow" lines to drop young Tarquin off at schoolsmiley - wahsmiley - winkeye

What about the pratt who over takes you then "slows down"smiley - wah
Or that chappy who seems quite content to sit on your back bumper on the motorway, with out a hope in Hell of stopping if you braked sudenlysmiley - erm
smiley - cheersSmudger,

Annoying Things.

Post 51

Teuchter

>>Or that chappy who seems quite content to sit on your back bumper on the motorway, with out a hope in Hell of stopping if you braked sudenly<<

He's known as White Van Man - and has vastly superior brakes and driving skills, compared to the rest of us.

Annoying Things.

Post 52

DaveBlackeye

Don't get me started on large 4x4s. They seem to be mandatory round our way; must be all the twisty lanes through the villages. Compared to normal cars, these things serve no practical purpose other than as status symbols - "Hey, look at me, this thing does 12mpg and I can still afford to drive it" smiley - grr, and "I'm an incompetent driver but it doesn't matter 'cos all you plebs have to get out of my way now, tally ho!" smiley - grr.

I was heartened by a recent local news story about one enterprising chap in Weston-Super-Mare doing his bit for Kyoto by slashing the tyres of this 4x4 every morning, thus preventing it from going anywhere smiley - smiley.

Annoying Things.

Post 53

Smudger879n

Hee Hee! I like that onesmiley - ok Mind you they would less mileage if they drove it on slashed tyressmiley - laughsmiley - cool

As regards to "white van man" yea! he is also the last bu**er to get out of your way of an ambulance on a 999 callsmiley - erm
(learnt that from experience)smiley - erm
smiley - cheersSmudger,

Annoying Things.

Post 54

aka Bel - A87832164

Here, we say it's the Mercedes driver. There's a joke about them :

What is the smallest thing in a Mercedes ?

The brain of the driver

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>smiley - run

Annoying Things.

Post 55

Smudger879n

Right then its time for me to share my story of Really Annoying thingssmiley - erm
Ive never owned a brand new before, but I always took great care of the ones I have owned, despite the age of it! So you can imagine how I felt when I drove out of the showroom in our brand new car! Well it wasnt our car as such, it was a mobility leased one. This is a scheme where if your disability qualifies, you hand over your "mobality book" to the garage, and you get a new car every three years. Its run by a charity called Lifestyle and in deed is a very good scheme for people with mobality problems.

Right then, we took the car home, and there it sat in the drive, where it was used by all the birds for Target Practisesmiley - grr So we moved closer to the front door, but it was taking hits! yet not so much.

The problem became even worse after the ramp was fitted for Mk2s electric scooter to gain access into the house. As after that was fitted, our car was once again being bombed, to the extent that something had to be done! So we had to have a part of the grassed area in front of our house dug up, and slabs layed where we could park it safely away from that smiley - bleep tree!

Once the men had finished, I took the car up to the drive through wash, yet again! Took it home and parked it on its new spot away from the tree. Imagine our horror when early next morning I opened the blind on the kitchen window, to see our bran new car, covered in bird dropingssmiley - grrsmiley - steam

So I picked up the phone and made a few enquiries, and guess whats going to happen over the next few days? Yep! the tree is going to be "well pruned" so when our little feathered friends come zooming in to park on that tree,............the branches wont be there for them to land onsmiley - laughsmiley - winkeye

Annoying Things.

Post 56

aka Bel - A87832164

What a pity the tree has to go smiley - sadface

Annoying Things.

Post 57

katkodl

Yeah, poor mutilated tree, poor birds! smiley - sadface

Annoying Things.

Post 58

Smudger879n

Oi! what about poor us! having to fork out £3.50 to take it through the wash! If I could wash myself I would! but alas Im not able.
So Im afraid on this occasion I have no sympathy for the branches or the birds!smiley - laugh (The tree is not being cut down, only well pruned)smiley - winkeye
smiley - cheersSmudger,

Annoying Things.

Post 59

aka Bel - A87832164

I can understand that you do it smiley - ok

Annoying Things.

Post 60

katkodl

So, how is the tree doing? Where can I send my "get well soon" - card for it? smiley - cheerup

smiley - blackcat

Key: Complain about this post