A Conversation for Ask h2g2

CALLING ALL BAND GEEKS!!!

Post 1

Ford_Prefect "I reject your reality and substitute my own!"Apocalypse 2006 REPRESENT!

HEY!
im a major band geek...i wanna see howmany ppl out there are too
so what insturment do ya play??
im a saxamaphone!... err... saxaphone..smiley - smiley
cheers
fordsmiley - cheers

Post 2

Ford_Prefect "I reject your reality and substitute my own!"Apocalypse 2006 REPRESENT!

OH COMEON!
I cant be the only musician out there!... sad group!
cheers
fordsmiley - cheers

Post 3

Kat - From H2G2

Well there's a lot of people playing instruments...only I dont think Im a band geek! I play the clarinet, piano, flute, sing, and Ive just started playing the saxaphone....and Im horrific. I can only make 5 sounds.

Post 4

IctoanAWEWawi

Ah, a Jazz Saxophinist then smiley - winkeye

Post 5

Existential Elevator

smiley - laugh

I'm a terrible pianist, but I'm not ust limited to that, I'm also a terrible drummer, an awful guitarist, a tragic recorder player, and well, a poor player of the other countless instruments that I collect.. smiley - smiley
I used to play drums for my school brass band, but only becuase I was too awful at the sax smiley - winkeye

Post 6

IctoanAWEWawi

They never let us have sax in the school band smiley - sadface

(and a happy centenery to that pun!).

Post 7

Ommigosh

Bass guitar

Om

Post 8

intelligent moose (the one true H2G2 Moose)

duh-duuh, duh-duuh, duh-duh duh-duh duh-duuh, it's the band geek mafia!

duuh-duuh-duuuuh, duh duh duh duh duh, duuuuh-duuuuh duuuuh you'll feel the horn of justice!

Heh heh. you've made me wnt to listen to the Voodoo Glow Skulls now...smiley - biggrin

Post 9

HEHE... well maybe not band GEEKS... its just a name, you know?smiley - biggrin
nice sax joke!smiley - laugh today i got a sax sextional.. (misspelled for the pun) goody!....smiley - erm
cheers
fordsmiley - cheers

Post 10

Kat - From H2G2

Reckon you can teach me saxaphone over the net? Seeing as I can only play a G,A,B and a C currently.

Post 11

ya! that would rock!.... hmm but how?...
ok... thesmiley - biggrin smilys are open keys and thesmiley - smiley smileys are buttons you push down... hehehe]
cheers
fordsmiley - cheers

Post 12

Kat - From H2G2

smiley - ermoh dear.

Currently Im just trying for an F. Fingering fine, however...it SOUNDS higher than the G!

Post 13

well it should if your playing low g and high f ... check the low/high button thing... or check for sticky keys or try blowing more air through
i feel sorry for anyone else in the house hehesmiley - biggrin
cheers
fordsmiley - cheers

Post 14

TBC

I play the trombone
*looks at case with 1 inch of dust on top of it*
when I play smiley - angel

~Skenvoy

Post 15

nice! lolsmiley - smiley
My bro is a tromboner...???!!!.... and his case has uhh... 2.5 inches of dust on it
chooers
fordsmiley - cheers

Post 16

Kat - From H2G2

Okay I thought this was rather geeky so thought I would tell you all about it.

I found a midi of Mozart's Clarinet Concerto in A. I then downloaded it and put it on a program called Midinotate which turned it into sheet music. Imagine my horror when I found that it was showing every note as one note lower! So what was actually an F# was being shown as an E! I tried in vain to alter the sheet and in the end had to walk away as I was in danger of breaking something.
My problem is that Im incrediably unmusical. Therefore I have to hear the piece played before I can play it. Yes Im just a parrot. So the whole midi and sheet music thing was a godsend...or not.

What can I do?

CALLING ALL BAND GEEKS!!!....k we arn't geeks... but i cant find a better name

Post 17

do you know how to change the music from one key to another?... i forgot what its called but .... what key is your instrement in maybe i can do it for you
cheers
fordsmiley - cheers

Post 18

Kat - From H2G2

Bb! But when I downloaded the music it said it was in Bb smiley - sadface

Maybe Ill end up having to just write it all out...which is a bother as I havent got any sheet paper anywhere.

Post 19

try this: http://www.blanksheetmusic.net/ but if your instrument is in Bb and it came out in E? hmmm... lemme think about this one...
cheers
fordsmiley - cheers

Post 20

Kat - From H2G2

oooh thats exciting!

Sigh...I wonder if all this work is worth it. Maybe Ill just...pretend this never happenedsmiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more