A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Useless Facts

Post 9081

Baron Grim

I believe so. They're both carbonated.

Useless Facts

Post 9082

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

I was wondering about the relative carbonation. I know that cask conditioned beer has about one volume of CO2 dissolved in it, and that most keg beers have between one and two volumes apart from a few exceptions such as hefeweizens which can have three to four volumes. After a little research it looks like most sodas have four to five volumes, so I'm glad to know that my carbon fartprint is smaller than that of a soda drinker smiley - cheers

Useless Facts

Post 9083

Baron Grim

"fartprint" smiley - sigh

smiley - rofl

Useless Facts

Post 9084

In 1956 Michael D. Moore was an assistant director on The Ten Commandments, a film about Moses bringing the tablets down from the mountain and putting them in the ark of the covenant. In 1981 he was a second unit director working on Raiders of the Lost Ark, a film about finding the ark of the covenant.

Useless Facts

Post 9085

You can call me TC

No connection to the "Bowling for Columbine"guy?

Useless Facts

Post 9086

Probably not, he was two in 1956 smiley - tongueout

Useless Facts

Post 9087

Baron Grim

The first e-commerce transaction on the internet was the sale of a Sting CD, Ten Summoners' Tales in 1994 for $12.48 on a site called NetMarket.

The first item sold on eBay (at the time called AuctionWeb) was a broken laser pointer in 1995 for $14.83. One of the founders of the site emailed the buyer to confirm that he realized the laser pointer was broken. The buyer replied back that he was a collector of broken laser pointers.

Useless Facts

Post 9088

clare

smiley - space
smiley - biggrin

Useless Facts

Post 9089

Baron Grim

Since 1980, "TOOTH FAIRY" is a trademark of the Colgate Corporation.
smiley - fairysmiley - biggrin

Useless Facts

Post 9090

Baron Grim

It's up for renewal on 1 February, 2013.
http://www.trademarkia.com/tooth-fairy-73265049.html

Useless Facts

Post 9091

You can call me TC

>>Probably not, he was two in 1956<<

Quite - he could have been his Dad. That would be a sort of connection. smiley - winkeye

Useless Facts

Post 9092

True, but Michael Moore's background is famously blue collar working class Michigan car industry, not fancy schmancy artsy fartsy Hollywood smiley - tongueout

Although there's no reason why Michael D Moore couldn't be a second cousin twice removed on the branch of the family tree they don't talk about smiley - winkeye

Useless Facts

Post 9093

Baron Grim

Contrary to cartoon wisdom, coyotes can easily outrun roadrunners. Road runners can run up to 20mph/32kph, while coyotes can run 43mph/69kph.

Source (with bonus footage): http://10000birds.com/how-fast-can-a-roadrunner-run.htm

Useless Facts

Post 9094

ITIWBS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plfQ9hEAHYI&playnext=1&list=PL3A867DC0B4943E8C&feature=results_video

Useless Facts

Post 9095

The Groob

Spencer Tracy's middle name was Bonaventure.

Hugh Grant's middle name is Mungo.

Useless Facts

Post 9096

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Says it all, really. smiley - run

Useless Facts

Post 9097

Baron Grim

"Candy-Gram for Mungo!" smiley - musicalnote

Useless Facts

Post 9098

ITIWBS

Widely known, but bears occasional repeating, Harry S. Truman had no middle name, only a middle initial.

Useless Facts

Post 9099

clare

If it is interesting is it still useless?

Useless Facts

Post 9100

ITIWBS

One needn't take the thread heading too seriously.

If its interesting, especially if bizarre, that makes it suitable even if the fact has some use.smiley - ok

Key: Complain about this post