A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Partial Birth Abortion Challenge

Post 161

abbi normal "Putting on the Ritz" with Dr Frankenstein

From Sho post;
"But at no point did it even occur to me to have a termination. Strange, but there it is, I'm pro-choice after all.
(1)That is the whole point to pro-choice, it is not etched in stone. It is about each individual situation and choice.
smiley - disco

(2) When some one says I do NOT believe in abortion for any reason at any time they are anti-abortionist. What is wrong with saying that?
Not many qualify but they do exist!
smiley - disco
(3)Any one that thinks they are not judgemental is only fooling themselves. You have to "judge" people for safety reasons. You judge who is appropriate to teach your kids, babysit,minister,doctors,all positions of power,jobs, and whom & what deserves your time and energies in a day,week.

Judgement using your heart and brain is neccesary. Like all traits it is HOW you use it; where,when,why you use it. Using judgements for power over another is wrong went it is to demean,insult or discount them.
smiley - disco

Post 162

Two Bit Trigger Pumping Moron

I don't know that the belief that the belief in the right to bear arms has any relation to a person's view on abortion. It is interesting that many people who are pro-life are pro-death penalty.
I suppose you could argue that a person who isn't born is a person, but a person who has killed in a particularlly horrible way has voluntairly forfieted his humanity. There is a sizable group who are pro-life and against the death penalty.

Of course, I'm pro-choice, pro-right to bear arms, and pro-death penalty.

I know my hypothetical decsion is in the future. We never really know what we'll do until we face a sitution. That's why I love my profession.

smiley - handcuffs

Post 163

Saturnine

*bounces up and down*

Ooh! Ooh!

Being patronised!

*That's* a new one.

Thanks Sho, but I really don't think so.

Post 164

Sho - employed again!

No, not patronised, just an observation.

I see you round the place and I'm sure you're my young self. Are you sure you're not?
smiley - smiley

Post 165

Saturnine

Pretty sure.

I don't know how many times I have to explain this to people. Telling someone they remind you of when you were young, is *the* most patronising phrase in existance.

Post 166

Sho - employed again!

you youngsters just have to put up with it
as we did
smiley - laughsmiley - winkeye

Post 167

BouncyBitInTheMiddle

The trouble is the undertones go something along the lines of "but I'm older and wiser and know better now". smiley - winkeye

Post 168

Sho - employed again!

sure... there have to be some benefits from being old and grey
smiley - smiley

Post 169

I don't know if it was so bad being younger. I used to be smarter.

smiley - handcuffs

Post 170

clzoomer- a bit woobly

Two Bit, that may be your most quotable quote. smiley - biggrin Very good!

Post 171

Saturnine

smiley - laugh

Post 172

It's true. I know more now, but I smarter when I was 16. I had much better recall. I was able to digest more academic information faster. Now I'm more experiennced and I can deal with life better.

It's a trade off I guess.

smiley - handcuffs

Post 173

Sho - employed again!

It's not a bad trade off though, is it?
Although I often think that life was much nicer back then when things seemed more cut and dried, even though they weren't.

Post 174

a girl called Ben

As I have said before, being young and beautiful and having lots of energy is the goddess's way of compensating the young for their lack of experience. I would rather be the age that I am now, than any age I have previously been. I don't know if that is patronising Saturnine, but it is how I feel.

And, yes, the phrases 'when you are older you will...' and 'you remind me of my younger self' *are* infuriating, but as Sho says, we all went through it, as you will realise when you are our age. smiley - tongueout

I was the youngest of four, and never alowed to forget it. I once told my nephew not to worry that his sister was older than him, because when they grew up he would be younger than her. My sister gave me a Look! So there is someone who dislikes getting older. smiley - laugh

B

Post 175

Sho - employed again!

Ben, I'm with you. I love the age I am now - and to be honest (and this is going to sound horribly patronising, but there it is) I really am glad that I was young back then and not now.

If that makes any sense.

Post 176

a girl called Ben

Hell, yes, we had the best sex (no condoms), the best drugs (grass not E), and the best rock and roll (well, rock, anyway). smiley - laugh

A middle-aged fogey called Ben

Post 177

Sho - employed again!

and we were all going to die in a nuclear war before we were 30 so we really really lived life to the full. smiley - headhurts

Post 178

a girl called Ben

And didn't take out pensions, because what was the point? smiley - wah

B

Post 179

Z

so exactly how does this generation reble against our parents? in my case do well at school and not take drugs...

Post 180

a girl called Ben

aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! smiley - run

Horrible child!

smiley - laugh

B

Key: Complain about this post