A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 16961

Icy North

I'm trying to remove an overgrown pampas grass bush, and we don't get on at all. Just brushing against the leaves with my skin causes huge red welts to erupt. People think I've been savagely whipped.

Petty Hates

Post 16962

Pink Paisley

Plant it yourself did you Icy?

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/shortcuts/2017/may/31/pampas-grass-secret-symbol-swingers-turn-off-sales-plummeting

PP.

Petty Hates

Post 16963

Icy North

Well, there you go. We did indeed have a swing in the garden.

Petty Hates

Post 16964

Bluebottle

No wonder people think you've been whipped - I won't ask what parts of your body you're brushing against the grass...smiley - erm

<BB<

Petty Hates

Post 16965

Pink Paisley

Rubbish poked through my letterbox by the postman.

Today:-

Council newsletter. (They know my e-mail address).
Ad for Dominoes pizza. (I make my own).
Ad for Morrison's curry. (I make my own).
Ad for radiators. (I don't make my own but if I want radiators, I can find them).
Estate Agents' 'newsletter'. (Not selling)

All of it goes unread straight into my re-cycling bin.

Just possibly, Dominoes and Morrisons will prompt me to go to Sainsburys to buy ingredients for pizza or curry.

I am toying with the idea of writing 'return to sender' on all of this rubbish and putting it back in my local post box.

PP.

Petty Hates

Post 16966

Bluebottle

I've done that, written 'unsolicited mail, return to sender' and posted particularly annoying bits and hope they get charged postage.

<BB<

Petty Hates

Post 16967

Baron Grim

Often, junk mail will include Self Addressed Prepaid Envelopes. Save these up and stuff them with the rest of the junk mail. Return at your leisure and bask in the knowledge that the postage will be charged to the junk mail sender.

If you want to stick a slice of cheese in the envelope as well, I'm sure that will be satisfyingly appropriate.

Petty Hates

Post 16968

Icy North

A few frozen prawns is even better.

Petty Hates

Post 16969

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

PH: When you spend hundreds of dollars on something only to realize you don't even like it.

smiley - pirate

Petty Hates

Post 16970

Baron Grim

Ugh... buyers' remorse.

Petty Hates

Post 16971

Pastey

Today's PH: Having over 250 posts since you were last here, and thinking "Meh" and not being bothered to read them smiley - laugh

Petty Hates

Post 16972

Baron Grim

PH: hootooers who come here so infrequently. smiley - sadface

It used to be you could easily rack up 250 unread posts in just a couple of days, but that takes yonks these days. But, with the way things are now, I'll admit to feeling rather "meh" about many of the posts in my convos list as well.

Petty Hates

Post 16973

Pastey

My problem is a severe lack of time smiley - sadface

The brewery's taking off, the bar in the brewery has really taken off. Couple of quiet weeks recently, expecting it to be moderately quiet this weekend too (except for the hootooers there!), so been able to start trying to catch up with things, but there's a lot to catch up on!

Petty Hates

Post 16974

Teasswill

Today's PH: it was lovely 10 mins ago when I put the washing line up. By the time I carried the laundry out it's clouded over & cold.

Petty Hates

Post 16975

Icy North

I used to have this problem. The trick is to take the washing out while walking backwards - the weather might think you're actually taking it in, then immediately brighten up.

Ignore any ignorant comments from neighbours.

Petty Hates

Post 16976

You can call me TC

I refuse to be separated from my goo and stick to it on whatever devices allow the use thereof. (Some only work with Pliny, but smiley - shrug)

But I've gone and done it again. The "Unsubscribe" is so close to the "New posts" button, that on smaller devices I keep unsubscribing from threads and don't know which one I've unsubscribed from. And, heaven knows, we have few enough active threads as it is....

Petty Hates

Post 16977

Baron Grim

Since there are so few active convos you can probably find any you accidentally unsubbed from on the list of recent posts on the Pliny front page.

Petty Hates

Post 16978

Bluebottle

Or use <./>info</.> to see the most recent conversations.

<BB<

Petty Hates

Post 16979

Deb

I feel your pain TC.

As soon as I hit unsubscribe I'm given the option to return to the conversation - do you get that? I just return to it, subscribe to it again,and it's sorted.

Big pain though.

Deb smiley - cheerup

Petty Hates

Post 16980

You can call me TC

No, I only have the option 'return to the posting list'. I just have to make sure I don't close or refresh the posting list tab. But sometimes it's too late...

Key: Complain about this post