PH: waffling smiley - winkeye

Petty Hates

Post 13362

Bald Bloke

I like Waffle, With Maple Syrup

Ducks and smiley - run to avoid the slapping hand

Petty Hates

Post 13363

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

Waffle with hot fudge sauce and ice cream is nicer.

smiley - drool

Petty Hates

Post 13364

Pastey

Those won't be potato waffles then? smiley - winkeye

Petty Hates

Post 13365

Menthol Penguin - Currently revising/editing my book

My dad served us sweet waffles with baked beans once. smiley - blue

Petty Hates

Post 13366

KB

That's cos they're waffley versatile. smiley - winkeye

Petty Hates

Post 13367

Unlike my taste beds, which rebelled against that combination!

Petty Hates

Post 13368

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

Not technically needing groceries, but nonetheless being short that one vital ingredient (like milk) for that special dinner I really, really want.

smiley - pirate

Petty Hates

Post 13369

Not technically needing groceries, but nonetheless being short that one vital ingredient (like milk) for that special dinner I really, really want.

*smiley - burgersmiley - pirate

Petty Hates

Post 13370

You can call me TC

Not being able to see what's coming round the corner because of all the election posters blocking the view.

Petty Hates

Post 13371

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but is it not illegal for British politicians to campaign any more than six weeks before an election?

That would be so cool.... *sigh*

smiley - pirate

Petty Hates

Post 13372

quotes

>>Not being able to see what's coming round the corner because of all the election posters blocking the view.

I keep getting spam mail claiming to be able to cure problems with elections...

Petty Hates

Post 13373

Pastey

I truly believe that politicians should spend their entire term campaigning for the next election, by actually doing what they promised when voted in.

Petty Hates

Post 13374

Oh you radical! smiley - winkeye

Petty Hates

Post 13375

Let's elect Pastey for president!

Hey, what a campaign slogan! Pastey for President!!!

smiley - pirate

Petty Hates

Post 13376

You can call me TC

Elections are on 25 May here, so let's hope they'll be taking them down soon.

Petty Hates

Post 13377

I'm right about the six week thing though, aren't I?

smiley - pirate

Petty Hates

Post 13378

You can call me TC

I just googled Guidelines for Election posters (in German) and at random, got one Council's guidelines about posters which said "not before the 8th weekend before the elections"

So far, I don't seem to be able to find anything from the UK.

In Ireland, it seems that the Department of the Environment has the last word, but this may not be a reliable conclusion from a very cursory search (it's my lunch break - I'm not here to spend hours on this!smiley - winkeye)

I found the following stipulations here: http://www.environ.ie/en/Environment/Waste/LitterPollution/ElectionPosters/

either (a) 30 days before the poll date or (b) from the date the polling day order for the election has been made, whichever provides the shorter period of time.

Petty Hates

Post 13379

Lusus

I wonder if Mr X is confusing the new law that disallows charities from campaigning for around 3 months before an election. This can mean that issues such as the environment etc are not so prominent.

Petty Hates

Post 13380

Cheerful Dragon

Amazon's system for working out recommendations irritates me. It seems to take a word from the title of a book and make recommendations based on that, rather than the subject category. As an example, I bought a book called 'London: An Autobiography'. Since then I've had recommendations like Ernest Borgnine's autobiography, or a book about the Burton/Taylor romance. They also make recommendations based on an author's name, ignoring the title of the book. Consequently I get recommendations of books by Dickens or R. L. Stevenson, despite having bought the Complete Works by both authors.smiley - rolleyes

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more