A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Whats the weather doing where you are?

Post 4801

Reality Manipulator

South Ockendon, Thurrock, South-West Essex, England, 17 June 2008
17:58

Cloudy start in the morning but plenty of sunny spells. It was a bit dull around 13:00 but brightended up 30 minutes later. There is quite a bit of a breeze. The sunny perioeds became longer and the clouds more scattered clouds and by 17:00 the sky became quite clear apart from a few clouds. The temperature is 21°C, and the wind speeds are 15 mph SW.

Post 4802

BeowulfShaffer

it is fine and dandy here in Missouri

Post 4803

Anoldgreymoonraker Free Tibet

Nara Japan 1:15 pm It's a very close day today 28 c gradually getting more cloudy With rain expected this evening and not stopping till later tomorrow.smiley - sadface

Post 4804

BeowulfShaffer

a bit hot but pretty decent in Illinios

Post 4805

Jimcracker7[magiclink.rip gone altogether. im back.in my home from home.

hi all
-
the summer, if thats what it was as gone,rain all night, and drizzle at the moment.
-
now 8-55am,on the 18th of june, in wet bradford uk, 2008 smiley - dragon jim

Post 4806

Ballynac

In Evian, France this morning, it's a beautiful sunny day. Scattered clouds in the sky, with a few low hanging one hugging the side of an Alp here and there, but basically it's bright and clear and sunny. Lake Geneva is a beautiful blue-grey colour and the hills around Lausann, on the Swiss side of the lake, appear hazy in the distance. The temperature is about 21c at 11.30am CET.

Post 4807

hi ballynac
-
never asked before, but with all the raveling, i picture you as being, either a pilot or air steward, or something, im probably way off lol smiley - dragon jim

Post 4808

Ballynac

You're way off!! That's really mademe laugh though - the emergency exits aer here, and here!!

I am an international man of mystery!!!

Post 4809

Reality Manipulator

South Ockendon, Thurrock, South-West Essex, England, 18 June 2008
17:16

Cloudy, overcast and very cold day compated to yesterday. There was a very brief glimpse of the sun around 11:30 but it only lasted five minutes. There a few spits of rain around 13:00. The temperature is 18°C, and the wind speeds are 18 mph SW making it feel a lot colder.

Post 4810

Nara Japan 4:25 pm We did get some rain last night and it has been trying all day the clouds are up there a little breeze which is nice 27 c and we should get more rain again tonight,

Yesterday Okinawa declared the end of the rainy season and have now gone into summer mode, we went there 6 years ago for a summer holiday(very hot) and to make sure my daughter was OK flying before flying to England a year latersmiley - smiley

Post 4811

hi all
-
the weather is being funny today, rain overnight, now the suns out for a few minutes then gone again
-
its now 9-40am,on thursday the 19th of june,in bradford uk,2008 smiley - dragon jim

Post 4812

Reality Manipulator

South Ockendon, Thurrodk, South-West Essexm, England 19 June 2008
14:31

Variable cloud and plenty of sunny spells with the odd gusts of wind. The temperature now is 18°C and the wind speeds are 20 mph W.

Post 4813

Keith Miller yes that Keith Miller

Sunny, blue skies and 23c max and some SW winds.

*I think I'll just sneek out the door to check that I'm not actually Thinker's neighbour, such is the similarity in the weather. What sort of accent do I need to be a South Ockendonian then?

smiley - laughsmiley - cheers

Post 4814

BeowulfShaffer

I hope you are neighbors.
I am back to Missouri and the weather is fine very high 70's or low 80's(my thermometer says 80) very little wind, partly cloudy but mostly clear

Post 4815

Nara Japan 1:00 pm one word orrible ,smiley - wah and my newspaper says it's going to stay like this for a week , My deck is dry my drive too but as the crow flies about 200 mtrs away the road is very wet with puddles all over, It's only 28 c downstaires in the house and about the same outside but it's so humid, I am surprised other people over here are starting to post regularly smiley - winkeyeI refuse to put the aircon on in June all the fans are going and my shirt is off,last night I left half a fag out as you do and this morning it was damp enough to roll up and smokesmiley - sadface

Post 4816

Keith Miller yes that Keith Miller

Can't even remember what 80f is anymore.
Canada wouldn't still be stuck with the old measurement system would it?
16997 km (10562 miles) is the distance between Thinker and me give or take a few hundred K'ssmiley - smiley
And as Friday winds down it's a very laidback 24c with no breeze and just the odd cloud to break up the blue.
Winter is nice when it's like this.

Post 4817

BeowulfShaffer

so your close enought that most of the same weather systems hit you but to far to bump into each other

Post 4818

We did get some rain quite heavy too for about an hour this afternoon so it's a bit cooler outside now but still orrible in the houise smiley - sadface

Post 4819

hi all
-
sounds like we are all having the same wet, and cold day, been raining no and off all night, the sun came out a few times, but looks like the rain is going to win today lol
-
now 9-25am, friday the 20th of june, in bradford uk, 2008 smiley - dragon jim

Post 4820

Sorry Jim but it ain't cold here , hot wet and sticky, this is the rainy season after all smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more