A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Whats the weather doing where you are?

Post 4721

Reality Manipulator

2nd June 2008, South Ockendon, Thurrock Essex 13:44

Overcast, dull and miserable day with mist. The temperature is 14°C and the wind speeds are 9 mph WNW.

Post 4722

BeowulfShaffer

Almost perfect but a little hot in st.louis at the moment but I am told we had a pretty big storm that I just slept through.

Post 4723

Anoldgreymoonraker Free Tibet

Nara Japan 12:30 pm We have another warm day 28 c but the grass is still waterlogged from 2 nights ago and I think we have more rain to come tomorrowsmiley - erm at least It's not cold smiley - winkeye

Post 4724

taliesin

S. Similkameen, BC Canada

Raining

Again

smiley - groan

Post 4725

Keith Miller yes that Keith Miller

Anold, you seem somewhat hung up on grass.
What gives?

Is it the mowing?

Fourth day of winter here and it's shorts and a light cotton shirt if you labour outdoors as I do. At least until late afternoon and then you realise it's winter about 4.30pm and it's time to put on something a bit warmer.

25c today and 12c minimum, same tomorrow, so work has been palmed off into the too hard basket,which is actually a euphemism for that phone call you do late in the morning when your Plumber/Electrician/Carpenter/Tiler/Etc, doesn't turn up.

"Oh, I'm terribly sorry but I'm stuck on another job and won't be able to get to yours till... umm... ...

I'll ring you! Bye."

I'm going fishing...smiley - laugh

Tradesmen. We're all tarred with the same brush you know....smiley - run

Post 4726

almost nobody in Japan has a lawn especially around here , that's why I couldn't find a good mower for 7 years . I like having itsmiley - smiley

Post 4727

Ah, well then that's different.
What's the name of the species of grass and what type of mower do you have?

These questions take on mystical quality's in OZ. We are the most urbanised race on the planet and most men's dreams(indeed woman's dreams as well) go no further than a Quarter acre block of dirt and a house and a front and back lawn to mow.
None of those English tenements and such here. Thank you very much!

If you were here Anold you'd have already posted the type of lawn and the brand of mower you hit it with...smiley - laugh

Post 4728

Reality Manipulator

South Ockendon, 4 June 2008, 12:33

It started out very dull with slately grey skies but by 10:30 the first signs of sunshine appeared and since then the clouds have become more scattered. The temperature is now 20° and the wind speeds are 6 mph WSW.

Post 4729

The grass is a big mixture of what seeds have landed here over the time I've lived here .

My mower is a Honda GCV 160E , it's got a 160cc four stroke engine with overhead cams made in Italy it also has powered wheels. if that helps smiley - winkeye

boy it's hot tonight I'm sweating now smiley - sadface

Post 4730

Jimcracker7[magiclink.rip gone altogether. im back.in my home from home.

hi all
-
its been the warmest day for a long while, and its not ended yet phew. if it gets much hotter i will have to start with the ceiling fan lol.
-
its now 4-15pm, on wednesday the 4th of june,in bradford uk, 2008 smiley - dragon jim

Post 4731

Beautiful morning here the Suns about a quarter hour from popping up and the forecast is for 25c, no clouds and light sea breezes.
High tides in 3 hours time so I'd better head off to the beach pronto.

smiley - fishsmiley - footprintssmiley - footprints

Nice mower Anold. So it's self propelled is it?
"Mixture of seeds"!
No, no, no Anold, not good enough I'm afraid(smiley - laughsmiley - laugh) you need to be able to state with some authority the name and type of grass and if possible it's antecedent's etc, etc!

Post 4732

BeowulfShaffer

The weather in Missori whent from major storms in the early morining to really hot but otherwise fine

Post 4733

Nara Japan 4:45 pm A rainy day again today 24 c now I understand why the farmers( and me ) will be planting the rice this weekend cause all the fields are full to overflowing with water at the momentsmiley - winkeye

Keith Even if I did buy some grass seeds and post on here what it said on the packet you couldn't read it cause it's all in a funny scribblesmiley - winkeye

Post 4734

hi all
-
smiley - musicalnote the sun as got its hat on, hip, hip,hip, horaysmiley - musicalnote
-
lol, yep the suns out, and the grass is drying out,so hopefully i can mow the front if not the back garden at the weekend
-
its now 9-10am, on thursday the 5th of june, in sunny bradford uk, 2008 smiley - dragon jim

Post 4735

Lol@you Anoldsmiley - biggrin. Even Jims getting into the lawn thing.
Night time here about 8pm, it's very very mild for a winters night must be about 17 or 18 and I'm still in shorts and light shirt so I think it's maybe a different kinda 18 than a northern one. Although I am a little bit warmed up from a day in the sun so that might be a bit misleading.

No fish eithersmiley - sadface but I did find what appears to be a bit of space 'Junk' so that's proving to be a bit of a conversation piece. Shiny stainless steel sphere with a bump on it with a thread in the bump all very smiley - ufo

Post 4736

hi keith
-
i have two large lawns front and back, check out the google link on my personal space, its an ariel veiw of my house lol smiley - dragon jim

Post 4737

Reality Manipulator

South Ockendon, Thurrock, Essex 5 June 2008, 12:30

It started out with clear skies but by 10:30 the first signs of slwo lying cloud appeared and since the sky has become cloudy but not completely cloudy. It has been sunny since early morning and the sunshine even with the broken clouds is still very bright. The temperature is now 19° and the wind speeds are 4 mph W.

Post 4738

BeowulfShaffer

It is still to hot but otherwise good.

Post 4739

Nara Japan 4:40 pm almost forgot this one smiley - sadface a nice day blue sky about 27 c at the moment I hope it doesn't rain tomorrow , thinking about chasing the Honda aboutsmiley - cheers

Post 4740

hi all
-
it started with sunshine, and warm, but now its gone dull, and cold, that the tipical weather here in england, never trust the forcasts
-
now 10-40am, on friday the 6th of june, in cold bradfrod uk. 2008smiley - dragon jim

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more