A Conversation for Miscellaneous Chat

Is anyone else lost?

Post 41

Autumn Hughes

smiley - wow Deep thought DarthJedi [no, moderator, I said 'thought' not 'thoat']
Here's a toast for you Mordac smiley - stiffdrinksmiley - bubblysmiley - stoutsmiley - ale
Is 'lyrical terrorism' what Little Behemoth and Tefkat were practising on Wumbeevil by posting song files in h2g2chat? smiley - biggrin

Is anyone else lost?

Post 42

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Just relax, go with the flow; what happens happens, if in happening it causes something else to happen, then it happens as well; its all incosequential, every choice made doesn't really matter, in the end, its just the now and here, which isn't to say the futue is already planned out, its what we make it through each and every choice, but as we can't foresee the consequences there is no point in worrying. I have very important exams in a few days, but I can't be bothered to do any more work, so, I have done what I have done, I useually do well in these sot of things, so I am just letting it all hang; nothings that bad really and if you have something you feel you really want to do, good luck, it is nice sometimes to have some sort of purpose as long as it doesn't become all controlling over all of our actions.

Is anyone else lost?

Post 43

Autumn Hughes

Best of Luck 2legs smiley - kiss

Is anyone else lost?

Post 44

QuantumFairy

"I don't believe in anything." -- Bugada The Almighty

Therefore, Bugada believes in not believing, although, I'm sure he doesn't believe that to be true either.

I like John Lennon's poignant observation: "Life happens while you are making other plans."

Is anyone else lost?

Post 45

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

Lennon was a realist who allowed so many others to dream. He would have liked the pragmatism of Homer Simspson's much loved,
"Hey Krusty, you gonna eat that meatloaf?"

Is anyone else lost?

Post 46

QuantumFairy

Homer Simspon is a font of wisdom. My personal favorite is: "If you want to get back at your boss you don't strike. You go to work late every day and do a half-assed job. That's the American way."

Is anyone else lost?

Post 47

Cheers; I need all the luck going, as much as I believe in luck, which is to say sometimes I'm lucky, sometimes I'm not so just to make sure I going to revise the lot..

Is anyone else lost?

Post 48

shackman

The thread seems a little lost but then I guess that's the way it should be LOST...
Much as I try to float off (that's float by the way)I keep getting sucked back in here.
Maybe the word just means 'low-on-search-tablets'.
Anybody thought of reg'ing www.foreverlost.com It could be a winner!
Anyone seen 'donkey'? He'll bite me again if he catches me in here...

Is anyone else lost?

Post 49

What is a "thread"?

Is anyone else lost?

Post 50

shackman

Possibilities are :
1. A thread is a T-heoretical H-ighway E-ffectively A-voiding D-iversions that may or may not go around in circles.
2. Something that stops your buttons falling off.
3. A young lady by the name of 'Miss Spelling'.
4. A Spanish wheelbarrow.

Is anyone else lost?

Post 51

Frogcatcher

Probably just the chickens
or should that be
popbaply ujst thi cikins

Is anyone else lost?

Post 52

Ahah! ..it took a week but I finally got it.
An e.e.cummings joke! LOL.

I give it a '5'.

Is anyone else lost?

Post 53

Autumn Hughes

Nah. You've lost me there smiley - erm

Is anyone else lost?

Post 54

American poet e.e.cummings

'nothing is
so important as
a red wheelbarrow
beside
the white chickens'

That's how i remember it anyways, probably buggered it. Famed as the shortest and most profound poem ever written by an American. Sometimes compared to Haiku. As an MD he often was called from his bed to see to deathly ill patients and wrote his best stuff as he left their houses after they'd snuffed it. The 'white chickens beside the red wheelbarrow' is the classic example but he has another called '5' I think.. at least it's about leaving someone's house at dawn and stepping into the early morning streets of (New York? or Patterson, New Jersey?) and seeing a fire engine roll by - the golden numeral '5' hanging in the morning mist - all else is a blur, even the sound of the engine, all that was clear was this golden number '5'...

Now the person who posted the impossibly spelled chickens entry after the reference to the wheelbarrow (above) will tell me I'm crazy...
ah well - anyone who has read much American poetry is bound to be a little nutzo, hmm.

Is anyone else lost?

Post 55

Tefkat

smiley - laugh
Thanks smiley - kiss

Is anyone else lost?

Post 56

Deidzoeb

jwf, Texas is so big, you can go in any direction and you're bound to hit it eventually.

Is anyone else lost?

Post 57

Tefkat

But surely that's true of anywhere, as long as you keep going in a straight line?

Is anyone else lost?

Post 58

I think he might have been referring to my obvious good sense of direction and attention to.. ..oo-oo look a birdie.

*runs wrong way*

BTW: what's a straight line...

Is anyone else lost?

Post 59

NMcCoy (attempting to standardize my username across the Internet. Formerly known as Twinkle.)

The opposite of a curved one.
A good piece of general advice is to do whatever happens to be the best choice at the moment. You can't go wrong with that.

smiley - starsmiley - elfsmiley - star -Twinkle
Remember: There is no spoon.

Is anyone else lost?

Post 60

Jessplop

We are all "lost". Some may feel that they have control over thier destiny, but in all reality no off us are the master of our fate. We are here, and there and wherever else we may be, we are "here" to learn and gain experiance that we can share or keep to ourselves as we see fit. The feeling of being lost come from not understanding the experiances that we are having, so in order to make any sense of our surroundings we must try to learn. Once we have learnt, then we can move on to the next part of the puzzle.

Key: Complain about this post