A Conversation for Volunteer to be a Community Artist

Does h2g2 need a photographer

Post 1

DaemonSpyder

Can't draw to save my life, but I've been a pro-photographer for the last 6 years and would be happy to donate some camera time to the guide.

Post 2

Smij - Formerly Jimster

We've always hoped to be able to open a photography scheme, but we've not been able to yet. Would you like us to keep you in mind should we be able to get a scheme going in the future?

Post 3

DaemonSpyder

From DaemonSpyder.

Absolutely.
Photography is my profession so it's not like I'm gonna stop taking pictures.
Keep me posted.

Post 4

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

What sort of photography do you do? Fine art, news, weddings, travel?... And with what equipment?

I do some photography for a living, too. smiley - smiley

Lil
smiley - artist

Post 5

DaemonSpyder

I'm a freelancer, so I turn my hand to most things, including the occational wedding.
I do a fair amount of work for the Newham Education Authority, which is mostly event/news stuff but I also do a lot of 'product' shoots for catalogues and pictorials for a number of American and German magazines.
On the personnal side I do some fineart work and nature photography.
Part of the reason I offered my services is that I have a large stock of photos and plenty of chances to take extra shots for the Guide.
Equipment-wise I have quiet a range including:
Studio, with backdrops, Bowens lights and wind machine.
Cameras Fuji S602, S7000 and S2. Nikon F70, D70, D2x.
Lense range from 18mm to 750mm.
BTW. I've got together with 4 other photographers to start a stock agency, should be launching in approx 8 weeks, I can let you know when it does if you like.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more