This is the Message Centre for Hypatia

Ahem...

Post 1

Hypatia

Hello there fellow Hikers. First, thanks to those of you who have e-mailed me to find out what the heck is going on and inquiring into my well-being. I am alive and semi-well. The last 6 weeks have been extremely busy and stressful for me. I won't go into details since they are of no importance to any of you, but we've had insurance problems, mechanical problems, and staffing problems. I've also had two major exhibits that have taken loads of time and a third which is opening today. Add in a terminally ill parent and a bad hip and knee that have left me hobbling and struggling to get my gardening chores done. Truth is, something had to give, and it turned out to be h2g2. I simply haven't had enough energy left over to keep up with my regular conversations and friends' journals.

My friends on h2g2 are the best collection of folks I've ever had the privilege to meet. I'm sorry to have missed what I'm sure was a lot of interesting journals and articles. I also want to apologize to Dr. Z and all those involved for not participating in the consortium. I simply wasn't up to another project.

Ahem...

Post 2

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Welcome back, and smiley - goodluck to you with all those problems and projects.

smiley - hug I'm sorry to hear about your family situation. Is it your mother?

Ahem...

Post 3

Z

smiley - cuddle

Ahem...

Post 4

Hypatia

My time away clearly hasn't improved my grammar. smiley - blush

Yes, Dmitri, my mother. My dad died in 1999. This is one reason I went all out for her birthday party earlier this year. I suspect it will be the last one. At least with her in any condition to attend.

Ahem...

Post 5

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

Welcome home smiley - cuddle

Ahem...

Post 6

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

smiley - cuddle

Ahem...

Post 7

Titania (gone for lunch)

Welcome back!smiley - hug I totally understand the need to cut down on *something* - been known to disappear for a while myself.

Ahem...

Post 8

broelan

Glad to see you back, Hyp. I thought it had been awhile since your retirement countdown had budged.

smiley - hug

Ahem...

Post 9

Mrs Zen

Here's a bunch of petunias ... smiley - cheerup

Hard though it is to believe, Real Life IS more important...

smiley - love

Ben

PS - I always knew we'd got your moral support and, believe me, that's important and very much valued.

Ahem...

Post 10

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

smiley - hug

Good to see you here again.

Ahem...

Post 11

Santragenius V

smiley - hugandsmiley - tea

Ahem...

Post 12

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Best wishes to you and your mother, Hyp. It was the same way for us at New Year's. My dad said it would be his last one - we tried to deny it, but it was true.

Ahem...

Post 13

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

smiley - hugsmiley - smoochsmiley - bubblysmiley - smiley

Ahem...

Post 14

Websailor

Hyp, so sorry to hear about all your woes, things never seem to happen one at a time do they, but all at once.

I haven't been around as much as usual and I am sorry I wasn't one of the ones to email you. I feel a bit like a hamster in a wheel at the moment - pedalling frantically and getting nowhere. I am sure you know the feeling.

I hope things get sorted soon and your health improves. It is no doubt your body shouting 'Enough!!' but do we take notice......?

smiley - cheers

Websailor smiley - dragon

Ahem...

Post 15

aka Bel - A87832164

Good to see you back, Hyp. smiley - hug

Ahem...

Post 16

Pinniped

You take care now Hypsmiley - hug.
Great to see you back.

Ahem...

Post 17

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

I was fixing to write to you as well, although you'd said earlier how busy you were. Glad you've resumed being here. smiley - smiley

Ahem...

Post 18

frenchbean

smiley - hug

Ahem...

Post 19

Baron Grim

Ditto... Wubbies. smiley - hug

Ahem...

Post 20

Spaceechik, Typomancer

Hyp, I'm glad to hear you're hanging in there. Sorry, very sorry to hear about your mother. smiley - cuddle

Even if you don't have the time or the energy to be here now, we still think of you and miss you. We've got your back, whenever you need us.

Key: Complain about this post