This is the Message Centre for Hypatia

Looking on the bright side

Post 1

Hypatia

One of the nice things about living alone is that the toilet doesn't stop up as often. smiley - smiley I have been able to reduce my regularly scheduled roto rooter appointments from every six months to every 12 months.

Post 2

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

That's nice smiley - smiley

*Pushes breakfast to one side, not hungry any more*

Post 3

Hypatia

I have lots of trees, Gosho, which results in roots in the sewer lines. It's not that I'm excessively full of....never mind....finish your breakfast.

Post 4

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

thats the prob with cereal stuff....... one look and your not that hungery smiley - biggrin

Post 5

S'alright Hyp, takes more than that to put me off my brekkers smiley - winkeye I sat through Apocalypto while eating a meal last Friday smiley - tongueout

Post 6

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

I presume that was at work Gosho - you didn't actually shell out your own money to see it did you?

I'm quite glad you explained about the tree roots Hyp, I was getting worried about the connection between blocked toilets and roto router appointments smiley - yikes

Post 7

Spot on, kelli!
F50359?thread=3535355?thread=&latest=1#p44430942

Post 8

frenchbean

Loo roll too, Hyp smiley - smiley I buy much less loo roll.

Post 9

Phred Firecloud

Now that this conversation has aged a bit, I'd like to suggest the loo rolls made for recreational vehicles...they cost a little more, but dissolve better in water...smiley - rolleyes

Post 10

Hypatia

Charmin used to be the worst for plugging up a sewer line. Not sure which brand has that dubious distinction now.

Back in a former life I spent lots of weekends on a cabin cruiser at the Lake of the Ozarks. We had to buy special toilet paper.

Post 11

frenchbean

I've discovered that Australian loo roll is far inferior - in the thickness and resilience departments - to UK loo roll. Whilst I buy less of the stuff living alone, I actually buy MORE in Australia than in UK because you need more to perform the same... erm... function smiley - winkeye

Post 12

*Continues eating dinner*

Post 13

Xantief

It's a good thing to have municipal sewage...I can flush any number of dead rodents, and it won't make a difference.

Post 14

The most useful bit of information you're ever likely to be given is 'Never flush anything down the khazi that doesn't dissolve in water'.

Post 15

Xantief

Ah. Lower the pH, stoof will dissolve.

Post 16

Leo

smiley - blush Oops.

How long is the window for dissolving? *wonders about pet goldfish in paper coffins*

Post 17

Xantief

Months, I'd reckon.

Post 18

Well, you've got to take size into account too. I mean, sending a small hexagonal nut round the u-bend is unlikely to stop up your pipes. Nor is a dead goldfish, unless you're in the habit of tossing them in there several times a week.

As a rough guide...

Small goldfish smiley - ok
Koi carp smiley - sadface

1/4" washer smiley - ok
DVD smiley - sadface

Tulip bulb smiley - ok
150 watt light bulb smiley - sadface

Richard the size of a large carrot smiley - ok
Large carrot smiley - sadface

Post 19

Xantief

Baby octopus smiley - ok
Adult octopus smiley - yikes Le'go'a'me, dammit!

Post 20

I've just been contacted by my legal department who insist I add the following disclaimer.

The above post is not intended nor should be construed as a definitive statement on what can or cannot be flushed down yours or anyone else's toilet. Gosho accepts no responsibility or liability for any consequences as a result of trying to flush any of the above mentioned objects down the bog. If you're stupid enough to try it you should also stick your stupid fat head in there and give yourself an almighty swirly.

Key: Complain about this post