This is the Message Centre for Hypatia

Milestone

Post 1

Hypatia

Tonight was the 100th board meeting I have attended since taking over at the library. If anything calls for a stiff G&T, that does. smiley - sigh

Milestone

Post 2

Leo

G&T Generation and Transmission (electric power)
G&T Gifted and Talented (education)
G&T Gin and Tonic (mixed drink)
G&T Grants and Training (DHS)

smiley - stiffdrink coming right up, served by a gifted and talented waiter powered by generation and transmission and whatever.

Milestone

Post 3

Hypatia

smiley - ta With any luck it will put me to sleep. It was actually a good meeting tonight. Short and sweet. Can't imagine why I'm so tired.

Milestone

Post 4

David B - Singing Librarian Owl

A short meeting? Are you sure you didn't dream it? smiley - run

100 is certainly a milestone. smiley - yikes

Milestone

Post 5

Fiona

*Hugs* Congratulations on surviving them. ^.~

Milestone

Post 6

Teuchter

How many more of these meetings involve the smellfungus?
The last of them will be well worth another celebration smiley - biggrin

*imagines a conga-line of slightly inebriated board members wending its way through the stacks

Milestone

Post 7

Hypatia

7 left. Lucky 7. Unless we have a need for a special meeting.

I plan to have a nice little reception for her last meeting. I'll even pay for the cake and punch myself. smiley - angel

Milestone

Post 8

healingmagichands

I volunteer to make the cake! smiley - evilgrin

Milestone

Post 9

Hypatia

You're on! smiley - laugh I'm saving back a bottle of Lord C's cranberry wine to use in the punch.

Milestone

Post 10

Agapanthus

I was just drinking a stiff G&T myself, and thinking slightly sour and unkind thoughts about whoevertheheckitis who decides budgets and staffing levels for the Library of Glum. And then I thought, oh well, at least we don't have a smellfungus. Or at least, not a very powerful one. (We have a swearfungus. One who bellows 'oh for smiley - bleep's sake!' in an audible-in-the-main-library way at every minor inconvenience or deviation from what she has decided is her routine. I am this close to tipping her into a box of polystyrene packaging pellets and mailing her to Murmansk).

Mmm, punch. Shall I make trifle? It would be so fun to trifle with smellfungus's last day...

I think the gin is having some kind of effect on me. Odd, that.

Milestone

Post 11

Lady Chattingly

hmh, are you putting not oregano in the cake? smiley - smiley

Why add the wine to the punch? Why not just pour the wine in the punchbowl, add a little seven up and get everyone looped? smiley - evilgrin

Milestone

Post 12

Hypatia

Ah, the answer to that one is simple.......bbm.....babiss board members

Milestone

Post 13

Lady Chattingly

Sorry, I forgot about the babbiss

Milestone

Post 14

Teuchter

Babbiss? smiley - erm

>>I'll even pay for the cake and punch myself.<<

Please don't punch yourself, Hyp.

smiley - run

Milestone

Post 15

Hypatia

Babbiss equals Southern Baptists. They are teetotalers.

Milestone

Post 16

Teuchter

Ah!

*nods sagely

Milestone

Post 17

Lady Chattingly

We had a friend who was such a tea totaller he wouldn't even eat a Bourbon ball. He was afraid they would make him drunk.

I haven't made those in years. Rum Balls are good too. smiley - smiley

Milestone

Post 18

Xantief

Do the babbists use cough medicine?

Milestone

Post 19

healingmagichands

I have a friend who makes a rum cake that WILL make you drunk if you eat too much of it. Man, is it good. She doesn't use cheap rum either.

Yes, the cake "could" have not oregano in it if this was deemed suitable. Would that mess with smellfungus' head??

Milestone

Post 20

Lady Chattingly

I, for one, certainly hope it would mess with her head. She's a mess anyway. Rah, rah for not oregano! smiley - rofl

Key: Complain about this post