Hi, I think this will make as gooder starting quote as any:

'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.'

--Albert Einstein, "Science, Philosophy and Religion: a Symposium", 1941

No Subject

Post 2

friendlywithteeth

good one!
"I have found it necessary to deny knowledge to make room for faith."

Will have to break for a while: am on holiday, but will continue afterwards!

Round 1

Post 3

Lady Ice, Black Herald of the order of the Silver Staff

::silently she enters wearing black cargos a and a purple tank:: nods to Shadow:: I like the place ::sits down in her silver throne and watches content to just watch for the time:: smiley - planet

Round 1

Post 4

friendlywithteeth

How rude!
Dissolves the throne, and creates a larger, more expansive one and places his derriere onto it
smiley - tongueout
What is youre rebuttal m/r?

No Subject

Post 5

Fred Smith

"I respect faith, but doubt is what gets you an education."

--Wilson Mizner (1876 - 1933)

Sorry, I must have missed this conversation on my list.

No Subject

Post 6

friendlywithteeth

No problem!!
"Democracy and democratic education are founded on faith in people, on the belief that they not only can but should discuss the problems of their country, of their continent, their world..." Paulo Freire

No Subject

Post 7

Fred Smith

"Next in importance to freedom and justice is popular education, without which neither freedom nor justice can be permanently maintained."

--James A. Garfield, July 12, 1880

No Subject

Post 8

friendlywithteeth

"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed, creating the feelings of a heartless world, and the spirit of conditions that are unspiritual. It is the opium of the people." Karl Marx

No Subject

Post 9

Fred Smith

"If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him."

--Voltaire (1694 - 1778)

No Subject

Post 10

friendlywithteeth

Like that one!!

"Death is an evil; the gods hae so judged it; had it been good, they would die." Sappho

No Subject

Post 11

Fred Smith

"Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills."

--Marcus Aurelius Antoninus (121 AD - 180 AD), Meditations

No Subject

Post 12

friendlywithteeth

"The 'control of nature' is a phase conceived in arrogance, born of a Neandethal age of biology and philosophy, when it was supposed that nature existed for the convenience of humanity." Rachel Carson

Quotation Game

Post 13

Fred Smith

"The goal of life is living in agreement with nature."

--Zeno (335 BC - 263 BC), from Diogenes Laertius, Lives of Eminent Philosophers

Quotation Game

Post 14

friendlywithteeth

"We must go beyond the arrognace of human rights. We must go beyond the ignorance of civil rights. We must step into the reality of natural rights because all the natural world has a right to existence. We are only a small part of it. There can be no trade off." John Trudell

OK, I was wondering if we should pause it there, so that you can tell me what you think.... and how we can make this better...

Quotation Game

Post 15

Fred Smith

If you want. I like the idea, maybe we should have a set post limit. Because it could in theory be continued indefinately. You could run it as a debate on a specific issue, but that would ruin the topic drift aspect. You could perhaps open it up so that any amount of people can take part in one game.

It's your game, what do you think?

Quotation Game

Post 16

friendlywithteeth

I know but I need other people's input: what about the players set a certain subject, and the first person to have a quote on the subject wins... whatdyathink?

Quotation Game

Post 17

Fred Smith

Now that could be fun. Good idea.

Quotation Game

Post 18

friendlywithteeth

We'll have to have another match... tell lots of people to come play smiley - smiley

Quotation Game

Post 19

Fred Smith

Ok, Can I ask what the E-Day thing was about, I am quite curious.

Quotation Game

Post 20

friendlywithteeth

You can!
I got my A-level results on thursday: A B B, which means that I've got a place at Leeds Uni to do human geography... after a year out smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post