Quote Wars!

1 Conversation

You have wandered into the realm of hidden knowledge, so be careful where you tread: what seems steady beneath your feet could explode at any given moment.

Strikers marching.

This is a careful game of wit and skill, where 'the pen is greater than the sword' [five points to me for the hackneyed phrase... or permanent imprisonment, depending on your point of view]

Enough idle chit-chat...

Flashes of Inspiration

This is a game for the worthy of heart and head, and requires the player to win by placing his opponent into a verbal corner rather than bludgeoning them around the head with a virtual mace.

This was a game devised and developed by Arten and myself. You have to 'outquote' your opponent by a series of related quotes: you lose if you either cannot quote, or your quote is not sufficiently related enough. If an opponent is not happy, he or she may challenge a quote before making their own. The challenged must therefore explain their choice of quote. A person may only have two unsuccessful challenges: on the third they themselves may lose the match. The topic may start on anything, and may end on something completely different. If the match is not coming to an end naturally, judges may come in to make a ...judgement.


Enough Prattle: play...

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Title
Latest Post

Entry

A777189

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more