A Conversation for The Rolling Rock Ranch

The Road Home

Post 41

Witty Moniker

Lil went on ahead on horseback, Billy. She's probably back at the crater by now.

*Fidgets restlessly in the tight confines of the wagon, finally gets up and crawls under the bench with Carmel smiley - bunny and the pugs.*

The Road Home

Post 42

Doc Hollijello

Well yure the boss Billy - but I have to say that the mode of perambulation on offer shure looks uninviting on account of all them folks jest crammed in tergither.

Ah reckin we shud jest stick to our horses, eh - I'll loan yours back to you despite you loosing it a way back. Was it afore or after ah wun yer hat ?

Ah do appreciate a man that pays his gamblin' debts with no fuss !

The Road Home

Post 43

Amos the Ranchhand (and Driver)

*the wagon rolls down the smooth road and out of the trees. A bridge spanning a tributary of the H2G2 River can be seen ahead*

Not long now, folks. We'll soon be on the outskirts of town. Lord Munchkin here has been telling me he has an interest in a tavern up ahead -- we could stop there for refreshments if you'd like.

The Road Home

Post 44

Billy the Kid

*evenly, as they ride along* A man can only wear one hat at a time, Doc. Since we done agreed on what everything was worth, you only needs to wait until I got the green to pay you.

A tavern sounds like a fine idea. The Doc and me ain't had a proper sit-down meal in days.

The Road Home

Post 45

Munchkin

And a fine chance to change. I can get a decent looking suit on, which will be nice.
*Idly plays with the whole in his jacket breast pocket*

The Road Home

Post 46

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

smiley - eureka

Doc should know where the bomb is! He was with the webjello gang in the early days!
smiley - dog

The Road Home

Post 47

Dizzy H. Muffin

[Zero] Well, it's a long shot, but ...

[He goes into Bad Cop mode and grabs Doc Hollijello by the shirt. Meanwhile, X goes into Slightly-Lesser-Of-Two-Evils Cop mode.]

[Zero] You wouldn't happen to know where this bomb might be ... eh?

The Road Home

Post 48

Doc Hollijello

Now then suh, we've only just bin introduced and you are mussing with mah attire like I'm a no good eastern dandy !

Unhand me immediately or you will have to account to Billy for I have given him mah parole and mah honour into his keeping.

The Road Home

Post 49

Dizzy H. Muffin

[Zero] You haven't answered the question.

[X] Put him down, Zero.

[Zero drops Doc Hollijello. X walks over.]

[X] Sorry about that. He just gets a little ... er, overzealous at times.

The Road Home

Post 50

Amos the Ranchhand (and Driver)

*The tram-wagon rolls over the bridge, down the lane into the outskirts of H2G2 Village, and comes to a stop in front of the BOF Inn* http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/alabaster/F57147?thread=214359&post=2457350#p2457350

The Road Home

Post 51

Billy the Kid

Hey!

*turns his horse back*

Let the Doc mount up and follow me. He's on my parole. And he don't do bombs. You rough him up, you're violatig MY honor, now.

You know, you could just ask. While we ride on. And get us some vittles and coffee.

The Road Home

Post 52

Dizzy H. Muffin

[X] I know. [aside to Billy] We were just trying on the old "good cop/bad cop" routine ...

The Road Home

Post 53

Doc Hollijello

*silently dusts himself down adjusts his attire and mounts behind Billy*

Well suh, I declare muhself ready fer the journey to this fine establishment of yurs.

I am thrilled by the prospect of meeting so many fine people, with so much wealth and such little skill at the gambling arts smiley - winkeye

The Road Home

Post 54

Billy the Kid

*rides on to catch up with the others*

Key: Complain about this post