This is the Message Centre for Lady Scott

Time Warp Weekend

Post 21

The Sundance Kid(Captain of the Good Ship Necromancer)If Life Gives You Manure, Use it to Fertilize your Garden

No kidding I'm thinking about using mas transit to save money.

Time Warp Weekend

Post 22

Lady Scott

Maybe you have better mass transit in Memphis than we do in Lancaster county.... Ours is pretty bad. And expensive too.

Even with gas going over $2/gallon, it's still cheaper than taking the bus around here, since just getting into Lancaster city from here costs $2.25 one way. And there's no direct route to lots of places.

So let's say for instance you needed to go to the mall - you'd have to take one bus to downtown, walk several blocks to catch another bus and pay again (although that route is in a slightly cheaper zone) in order to take the one to the mall. Then pay both fares again in order to get home. So figure on about $8 to make a trip that would use maybe 1/2 gallon of gas and take 1/10 of the time by car.

Hardly seems like a good deal to me, even though gas prices are ridiculous.

Time Warp Weekend

Post 23

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I don't think you should feel bad about using "So" as the first word in a sentence, Kid. Seamus Heaney, who won the Nobel Prize for Literature, started his translation of "Beowulf" with the word "So."

So there! smiley - tongueout

Time Warp Weekend

Post 24

The Sundance Kid(Captain of the Good Ship Necromancer)If Life Gives You Manure, Use it to Fertilize your Garden

Well lady Scott the prise is'nt that bad on mass transit here $1.25 one way cept you have to wait a while at night in some pretty bad niebourhoods I not scared I probaly should be but that's me I'm not comparing those types to animals but they do seem to sence fear in the same way cept they don't smell your adrenline oemitting from you like animal. So I don't let themsee me sweat a black friends of mine use to tell me he made alot of sence whilst at first glance one would think him a neer do well but he was a good person.
I feel better now Paul Nice to E'ya Matey.

Time Warp Weekend

Post 25

wildcat58

Ah, the '70's, learning to drive, graduating high school, first jobs, gas lines, Nixon was president. Man what a decade! smiley - cheers To all of us that remember it!

Lady Scott, if I may ask, exactly where again was this Celtic festival? I go the the Highland Games in Gatlinburg, Tennessee every May and have a wonderful time. BTW your daughter might want to check out the band Clann An Drumma. They are a unique band from Glasgow, consisting of one piper, and four drummers. I mean every type of drum from small hand held ones that I can't think of the name to BIG kettle drums. They also sing. They play modern and tradional stuff, some of it is based on ancient war chants. You have to listen to it to understand. You either love thier stuff, or you can't stand it (or so it seams), me, I love it. They have had one song used in a Mel Gibson movie, I just can't remember at the moment which movie. The song is called "Sgt. Mackenzie" and is just hauntingly beautiful, it's sad , but beautiful. Their web site is the band name typed all together as one word .com all lower case. Up at Gatlinburg this year, our tent was about a football field length away from the tent they were preforming in, and we couldn't hear any of the other acts that were preforming. It was cloudy and threatening rain Sunday, and at one point my friends and I thought we heard thunder, long rolling continuing thunder, after several long seconds we realized it was Clann An Drumma playing. We could hear them from that far away! When they start playing, your feet just start moving!

Keep it Tribal! (Their moto)

Time Warp Weekend

Post 26

Lady Scott

I'll mention that band to her - they definitely sound very different from Enter the Haggis!

This Highland Festival was held in Radford, Virginia on the Radford University campus. They have it the same weekend as Homecoming every year - Second weekend in October.

Time Warp Weekend

Post 27

It might be an okay band, but the thought of entering a haggis (have you any idea what they put in those things? smiley - yikes) leaves me a bit smiley - ill

Time Warp Weekend

Post 28

I've heard it was sheep stomach stuffed with stuff. Unknown what the stuff is though.

Time Warp Weekend

Post 29

Lady Scott

The only haggis to be found at the Highland Festival was canned. Literally.

They had "beef haggis" and "vegetarian haggis".

smiley - erm

But there were no ingredients listed on either can, so I have no idea what was in them.

Time Warp Weekend

Post 30

I have a recipe for vegetarian haggis. smiley - winkeye It uses boiled onion skins for the outside wrapping. Kidney beans and oatmeal are among the things you find inside. smiley - winkeye

I have not tried making the recipe yet. smiley - whistle

Time Warp Weekend

Post 31

wildcat58

Haggis, yes it is a sheep's stomach stuff with oatmeal and smiley - erm well, there are other parts of the sheep used too.smiley - ill If you REALLY want to know, I have the recipe. But I much prefer shepherds pie myself! smiley - drool I have a recipe for that too. Wait a minute, do you want I should go to "What's for dinner"?smiley - biggrin

Time Warp Weekend

Post 32

Sounds good. Hmmm smiley - smiley

Time Warp Weekend

Post 33

wildcat58

Vegitarian I might be able to do!smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post