A Conversation for September 11th: The Real Story and The Shadow Government

Peer Review: A707131 - September 11th: The Real Story and The Shadow Government

Post 1

Ocellus

Entry: September 11th: The Real Story and The Shadow Government - A707131
Author: Ocellus - U163811

I wrote this in two days whilst in classes at my local college... huh! Anyway tell me what you think, oh and no hate mail, k! These are my OPINIONS I'm not trying to present it all as fact, it is simply my take on things. Anyways enjoy!

A707131 - September 11th: The Real Story and The Shadow Government

Post 2

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

I see the entry had been moderated. It may well be a broken link. If you need help with this, just shout!

smiley - fishsmiley - musicalnote

Post 3

Ocellus

moderated?

Post 4

Ocellus

OOOOOOOOOOOOOhhh great!!!!!!!!!

Post 5

Ocellus

Please help Fish! it was so great too!

Ocellussmiley - pirate

Post 6

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

hey, it's *you* who can do something about it. There should be an eMail in your in-tray with some explanation as to what precisely it was that annoyed the smiley - bleeps

Post 7

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

Hi Bossel!

Language!

Ocellus,

I struggled when my first entry was moderated because of a broken link. If it's that - here's what to do.

Go to your entries and click on 'See more entries' and it will bring up your moderated one. Fix what the Mods don't like and 'Bob's your uncle', as they say.

Post 8

hi ZSF! (been away for a week again smiley - sadface )

"language" ?? can you give me a hint please?

Post 9

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

Hi Bossel!

I's short for 'Mind your language!', which is what we say when someone has said something rude about someone or somethingsmiley - biggrin.

Nice to have you back.smiley - smiley

Post 10

hey, I only said smiley - bleep !!!! smiley - winkeye

Post 11

Tube - the being being back for the time being

Ah, what a pity... I'd've liked to read that entry... maybe it'll be back Monday...

Post 12

Deidzoeb

Yes, please try to humo(u)r those smiley - bleeps so we can read it. You've got fans waiting for this entry just based on the title!

Post 13

Dr Hell

Umm... I am anxious to read it, too. But if it's an OPINION, it's probably better off elsewhere (e.g. the post?) instead of the edited guide, no?

On the other hand I cannot judge it, as I haven't read it.

Take car everybody,

HELL

Post 14

Mister Matty

As the entry has been moderated could you post something to this thread giving the *basic outline* of what you were claiming.

Talking of which, if it is just your "opinion" why have you headed it "The True Story"?

Post 15

Ocellus

It's the true story how I saw it, and once you have gone through all the facts on the date in question you can, in my opinion, come to only one logical conclusion.

Since the first section wasn't the part that I think riled 'em up I shall share it with you, the other part you'll simply have to wait for. I only wish that I could share the HTMLtag version

September 11th: The Real Story and The Shadow
Government

"This is serious business... We take the continuity of
Government Issue seriously because our nation was under attack. And I still take
the threats we receive from al-Qaeda k******s and t********s very
seriously... I have an obligation as the president and my administration has
an obligation to the American people to put measures in place that should
somebody be successful in attacking Washington there is an ongoing government.
That is one reason why the vice president was going to undisclosed locations.
This is serious business. And we take it seriously." -President of
the United States George W. Bush

A few things in this statement may disturb you (other than the obscene
usage of the word serious.) The news of this Shadow Government classified
the "Continuity of Operations Plan" was first broke in the Friday
March 1st 2002 edition of The Washington Post. Don't get confused though
because this "Plan" has been in place since the morning of Sept.
11th, instituting ideas first hypothesized during the Eisenhower
administration.

Although details on this "Plan" have been vague at best, some key
government officials have leaked information to the press on the condition of
anonymity. There are one or two facilities on the East coast; high-ranking
representative members of their departments are stationed there with staff
bringing the total number of people to between 70 and 150. The number of staff
fluctuates when US intelligence deem t********s' threats real and likely
to manifest. The first of such rotations were made in late October or the early
part of November.

Officials who are activated for the duty live and work underground 24 hours a
day, away from their families. Friends and family stay in contact with them
through a toll-free number. These sites have been confirmed to have generators,
televisions, computers and communications as well as private offices and Command
Centers. Rations are stacked in warehouses to their ceilings, a very grim
reminder of the stakes involved.

"The team, drawn from every Cabinet department and some independent
agencies, would seek to prevent the collapse of essential government functions
in the event of a disabling blow to Washington," the post revealed from
one source. "The underground government would try to contain disruptions
of the nation's food and water supplies, transportation links, energy and
telecommunications networks, public health and civil order. Later, it would
begin to reconstitute the government."
Bush issued an executive order in December setting the line of succession for
several federal agencies in case a Cabinet secretary is killed or otherwise
rendered unable to perform their jobs. The document lists the top six or so
officials in order who would take over if an agency's hierarchy were disrupted.
At least one Cabinet secretary is kept out of Washington at all times to help
maintain the continuity of government.

Civilians deployed for the operation are not allowed to take their families
and may not tell anyone where they are going or why....

These statements were facts, the rest opinions. I think they either didn't like the word that rhymes with "bearorist"smiley - winkeye (I bleeped them and another word out in the text) or the the idea of a certain group knowing about the attacks, please tell me which one probably ticked 'em off, I WANT you to read it! I mean "I" didn't say it, I was simply reporting the words of "MY" country's uggggghh... president. I'll be perfectly happy to edit it if that's what they want but jeez, not saying something because it MIGHT offend someone, come on!! WHAT THE HELL DID MY GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT GRANDFATHER FIGHT FOR AS A COMMANDER IN THE REVOLUTIONARY WAR?!!! I know it's another country and all but still you tell me is the BBC doing justice to the people who work there by not allowing them to err in their OWN opinion? I think it shows a complete lack of trust in human nature and the abilities of the educated to rise up beyond their petty cultural stigmas, I feel that that is the most offensive thing that you could do, to assume that people in another part of the world WILL be offended by someone else's opinions...ahh nevermind I'll work on the final product sin-offensiveness (whatever that is). I don't mind really, sorry if I ranted I didn't mean it personally toward the BBC or any of it's affiliates, I truly believe and have always believed that the BBC is one of the worlds finest news organisations and I'm sure that a half century old institution knows more about dealing with events like these than a stupid 19 year old kid like myselfsmiley - smiley.

Ocellussmiley - pirate
fft Qoud Erat Demonstradum

Post 16

Ocellus

Well I revised it, it's up! What are you still doing reading this message?! GO READ IT ALREADY!!!

Ocellussmiley - pirate
fft Qoud Erat Demonstradum

Post 17

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

Hi Ocellus,

There are bound to be other comments on the content and format of your entry, so I'll let other people make them.

What you're basically saying is that your country has done some emergency planning (which I'm sure most governments do) and that they knew about the September 11th attacks in advance, but failed to stop it so that they had an excuse to occupy Afghanistan for military reasons. On what evidence?

Post 18

Blues Shark - For people who like this sort of thing, then this is just the sort of thing they'll like

smiley - erm
You don't think that what upset 'them' was the accusation that the CIA deliberately let the attack of Sept. 11th occur, thus causing thousands of innocent deaths, just to prove Bin Laden was a threat?

No offence, methinks you have been watching too many episodes of The X-Files my friend. My sister-in-law has taken part in contingency plan exercises at local government level in this country, and you would be amazed how quickly these plans can be put into action.

Also, as it is almost *entirely* unsubstantiated opinions, certainly not suitable for the edited guide. Maybe you should try the Post, as someone suggested.

But, hey, if you get any hot tips on who the Shadow Government have decided is to win the next superbowl, (which is obviously being taped as we type), then I'd like to know.smiley - winkeye
smiley - shark

Post 19

Mister Matty

Hmm, there's certainly some food for thought in there. The problem is you say a lot of stuff without establishing it. The reader just has to assume that what you're saying is true.

My main problem with people who claim that the CIA and the US "Shadow Government" is terribly cunning and clever is that, on the basis of recent and general 20th century history, they aren't. They screw up an awful lot (remember using 1980s maps when bombing Belgrade) and tend to deal with siutations in a ham-fisted way, rather than like the evil geniuses so many seem to claim they are.

If you can prove any of the more outlandish things you claimed, I'm more than willing to hear it.

Post 20

Ocellus

There were computers found in germany by Interpol I believe in '95, but I'll have to look it up ofcourse, that had documentation on such an attack. Another point is that five of the nineteen hijackers were siezed at different security points, people outside of the US might not have known that but they let them go. Further more if you look into it the pentagon had just finished renovations on that side of the building and the plane was a tiny private plane why wouldn't they do the same as with the jets? Kinda fishy (no pun intended) if you ask me, I believe they set it up to garner simpathy from the american public and to throw off fingers of blame. The truth is that if you try to prove something like this the CIA only f***s you up the ass with counter intelligence. The CIA is never wrong.

Ocellus

Key: Complain about this post