A Conversation for Kebabs

Best kebabs

Post 1

Dan

I've never eaten a kebab in Bath (although I have eaten one in the bath, but that's a very long story) so I can't really comment on their quality. In my own experience, the very finest kebabs were made between 1991 and 1995 by Achmed's Kebab Van on Broad Street in Oxford. His legendary dish "Extra Large Spicy Doner With Cheese" earned a reputation for tongue-cremating excellence which was unparalleled among the unspecified-meat-products catering community.

Sadly, Achmed has since moved on to sunnier pastures and deprived many hapless students of the glorious experience of eating his kebabs (I hesitate to say "tasting", which would strictly be inaccurate). Judging from the roaring trade he used to do at 3am on a Saturday morning, he's probably bought a small island somewhere. So here's to you, Achmed, wherever you are. May your chilli sauce never lose its sting.

Best kebabs

Post 2

Vroomfondel

the hottest chilli sauce known to man, was available from the kebab shop on stockbridge road (opposite the station), in winchester, england.
After taking some friends there, several of them stopped talking to me (a couple weren't able to).
Unfortunately, since those glorious days, they have been closed down by the Environmental Health people, and their food has lost a lot of it's appeal (and napalm like flavouring).

Best kebabs

Post 3

Sidney Kidney, AKA Gruby Ben, friend of Dirty Den

Kebab manufacture would appear to be a short but lucrative business.
The humble Kebab shop in Bridgwater (Somerset) is constantly changing hands. All owners drive around in flash cars with lashings of gold trinkets.

On an aside, the Dog population in Bridgwater is very low!!!!

Best kebabs

Post 4

Merkin

There's a superb kebab van on the intersection between the A4 and A30 in West London, who has for many years provided an exceptional level pf kebabbery. His large chicken shish with garlic mayo and fresh chillies is one of kebab-doms finest achievements.

smiley - winkeyeHeaven and Hell all in one bitesmiley - winkeye

Best kebabs

Post 5

Jink Bo

In my humble opinion, the best tasting and largest range of kebabs are available at the CASPIAN KEBAB HOUSE, which is located at the top of City Road in CHESTER.

I never eat anything else!!!!

Best kebabs

Post 6

beeline

Fantastic kebabs are available (with the chef's special chilli sauce) at The Gardenia, Rose Crescent, Cambridge. Until 4 in the morning!

Best kebabs

Post 7

Merkin

As every good Kebaberie should be. Nothing worse than a Kebab House that shuts at midnight. Vans are always much better in this regard than more grounded establishments. Anyway, I'm off to munch on flesh that once went moo! smiley - winkeye

Best kebabs

Post 8

wsfn

Apparently the UK and the US differ significantly in this respect. In the US a kebab is generally a Shish kebab (charred flesh of any kind and vegitables on a skewer, no salad, no bread of any kind, sometimes served over rice). The popularity of this dish has been alsmost non-existant since the mid 1970s. I enjoyed a shop accross from the natural history museum in London years ago, surely it has changed hands numerous times.

wsfn

Best kebabs

Post 9

Gala

I'm sorry, but no matter how drunk I get I prefer my kebab without sauce. Am I abnormal, or it this just a girlie thing?

Best kebabs

Post 10

Catatonic

If you're ever in the Maidstone, then checkout Konya in Week Street. Despite the name, they do anything but. The amount of meat (& chips etc) served is amazing and for a reasonable price.

Oh yeah, and the burger sauce (better than Chilli sauce IMO) is out of this world. Also, highly recommended are their burgers - gorgeous!

Best kebabs

Post 11

Blx 5

a lot of my friends prefer their kebabs without and sauce at all

i'm more of a chilli AND garlic sauce person - just to achieve the sort of breath that would can incapacitate at 10 metres, the next day at work!!

Best kebabs

Post 12

Leeloo

I work with this guy and can tell you that he doesn't always need a kebab to have this effect on his workmates smiley - winkeye

(only joking David!!)

Removed

Post 13

Ink

This post has been removed.

Best kebabs

Post 14

Ink

The best Kebab is made of real Kebab meat. It's a very rare animal living high in the mountain of the Middleeast.The probability to taste one is less then >2 2 the power of 99k to 1 and falling.

Best kebabs

Post 15

Researcher 52708

You should come to Jaffa..........

Best kebabs

Post 16

Majik

The best kebab i've had in a long time was from samsons in edinburgh, large mixed kebab with everything on, heavy with the chilli sauce....hmmmmmm kebaaaaaab....

Best kebabs

Post 17

Ink

There is an option called Kebab-plate with either French-fried or
potato-mach and i love the later with all the spicey sauceses and garlic too.

Best kebabs

Post 18

Hillmeister

Kebabs should always be coated with unbelievable quantities of burger sauce. This makes them damn good to the mouth. Oh yeas.

Best kebabs

Post 19

This Here Giraffe

The best kebabs in my experience are served at Victoria Kebabs, on Mansfield road in Nottingham England. The diversity of identifiable meats on offer from this establishment is utterly obliterated by chili sauce which consists entirely of seeds, and the fumes of which can dissolve metal!

Best kebabs

Post 20

Sidney Kidney, AKA Gruby Ben, friend of Dirty Den

How come the humball Pita Bread can hold such a mean sauce!!

Key: Complain about this post