A Conversation for Tea

Swedish tea

Post 1

OB1 (retired)

I you think the American's can not make tea (though I have not see this myself yet), then try the Swedes!

My girlfriend is Swedish and makes tea by pouring in the hot (boiling, gets this right mostly) water into the cup with the tea bag( I hate this 'Oh you must use tea leafs, its the right way has been for centuries you know. Bollox. It tastes good to me from a tea bag, so it can't be bad ) and milk in the cup already ( I know another 'Oh no don't do that, stuff it, I KNOW that it tastes better with the milk in first, I have tested this), then within less than 60 seconds pulls out the bag!!!!!

I mean how can the flavour get out in that time, tea is lazy, we all know this. It has have time to mix with the milk and chat to the sugar.

And you have to squeeze the tea bag with a spoon a few times to give the sleepy tea a push.

She has now practices many times making this wonderful cure-for-all drink and I must say makes a wonderful cupper.

I don't if the whole world laughs at the English for this drink, it tastes good, it feels wonderful and is the single best thing in the morning. Maybe other countries should look at their strange drinking habits before making comments? To see what I mean, ask the Danes about Gammel Dansk (in the mornings too!!).

Swedish tea

Post 2

Rubber Face

Well, what is there to say?

Congratulations? Yes, that's it. Congratulations to your talent as a 'teach'. You've done a great job in learning your (soon-to-be) wife to make a good cupper. That must be difficult. Learning a Swede to make tea. Do they drink tea at all in Sweden? Only snaps I heard. Brrrr.

You seem to know your teas - but did you know this? A strong cup of sweet tea is very good if you're ever in shock? I've heard this to be true. Amazing, isn't it?!

Greetings from The Choco Tea Potte!

Swedish tea

Post 3

OB1 (retired)

Many thanks, it was hard work but worth it!

I did know that about strong sweet tea. It is amazing the number of things tea is good for.

What I would like to know is what is the best biscuit to have with tea? Am I the only person who dunks (dips) their biscuit in their tea?

Swedish tea

Post 4

OB1 (retired)

I should of read this reply more carefully. I can see now it was from you (Åsa). 'Teach' / 'learning you instead of teaching' 'Brrrr', etc

smiley - smiley

Swedish tea

Post 5

Rubber Face

Bugger,

I didn't think that the grammar would give it away.

superior tea naturally...

Post 6

bee_bear

why oh why oh why would anyone put milk in with the tea bag. i dont care if you pour the water onto the milk or you put the milk in while the tea bag is still performing its task. its disgusting. it looks 'orrible! tea bag + sugar + boiling water = tea (+ semi skimmed milk if required). strong tea - lots of milk. these things are not possible if milk goes in first. ahhhhh method to my madness - and i am mad - for even caring about this... :P

lol

the funniest thing i ever saw was an english person putting milk into fruit tea...ok, so it was me, stop laughing... :P

superior tea naturally...

Post 7

OB1 (retired)

You are wise young one, a lot of the time I do not put the milk in first. But if you do it right it does not taste bad with the milk in first.

Fruit tea??? Strange stuff that, drunk by students, hippies and computer programmers!! Always smells good from afar, but tastes like squash made with hot water, yuk.

fruit tea

Post 8

bee_bear

yes well i am a student, a bit of a huppie at heart and a computer addict so that explains it.

best fruit tea -> honey and ginger (twinnings)

best herbal tea -> peppermint (even better with a spoonful of honey) i live on this stuff when i am stressed (as in always) it settles your nerves.

fruit tea

Post 9

bee_bear

yes i know - hippie - not huppie!!!

:P

fruit tea

Post 10

OB1 (retired)

Huppie smiley - smileysmiley - smileysmiley - smileysmiley - smileysmiley - smileysmiley - smiley

Honey and stuff, eeek, you sick sad puppy !!!

There are much better herbal things to take that will make you relax and you don't need hot water for them !!

fruit tea

Post 11

bee_bear

lol

i dont know what you mean

heh heh

fruit tea

Post 12

bee_bear

why arent my faces working???

smiley - smiley

smiley - sadface

:D

fruit tea

Post 13

OB1 (retired)

smiley - smiley
smiley - sadface
smiley - biggrin
smiley - tongueout

fruit tea

Post 14

bee_bear

why can you do it and i cant - that is hardly fair - i demand you tell me how!!!

fruit tea

Post 15

bee_bear

yeah - a yuppie hippie = huppie...no really

fruit tea

Post 16

OB1 (retired)

I think you are not putting the - inbetween the : and the )

smiley - fish = > + < + >

smiley - smiley = : + - + )

smiley - sadface = : + - + (

smiley - winkeye

smiley - tongueout

fruit tea

Post 17

bee_bear

smiley - biggrin

fruit tea

Post 18

bee_bear

smiley - smiley

Huppies

Post 19

mez

I believe if u were in New Zealand then u would be a "huppie" (its the accent u know... kiwis talk weird.) anywhere else a "hippie" smiley - smiley

Huppies

Post 20

OB1 (retired)

and the people from Oz don't ???? smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post