A Conversation for South-west England Meet 2002 (child-friendly)

Any chance of a meet up in 2004?

Post 1

David, Thingite Director General of Tea

I'm quite new, so I would be interested to see researchers in my neck of the woods(Bristol).
Something in summer, maybe? It'll be after my GCSEs so I'll be looking for something to do, and write aboutsmiley - smiley

Post 2

fords - number 1 all over heaven

I'm sure the Horizon that is an Event will be able to help you out there smiley - winkeye

Post 3

What does that mean?smiley - erm

Post 4

Sorry - Event Horizon, aka DNA Meets is the girl to talk to. She'll be along at some point this weekend smiley - smiley

Post 5

I see. Whereabouts is her page?

Post 6

She'll be along, don't worry!

Post 7

Event Horizon

Boo! Cheers fords smiley - cheers

Nothing has been mentioned yet, one of the other usual organisers has complications with School/SATs etc, & as we usually go during term time this doesn't look good.

However nothing has exactly been ruled out yet either...

It's on my mind to get to Glasto this year (June 25th to 27th), although that depends on being able to get tickets, being able to drive & get time off work etc.

Someone else asked a few months ago about a meet up of sorts there...
Keeping an eye on this page (http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/) anyway.

I'll let you know if anything happens. Or if you're feeling really brave you could have a crack at putting a meet together yourself.

Post 8

$u$

Ooh, think I could manage Glastonbury.smiley - winkeye

Still want to go back to Devon too at some point. Want to pay Gaia a proper visit, do Heligan this time and revisit Eden. Just for starters.smiley - smiley

Where/when do other people want to go?

smiley - pony

Post 9

Sounds good smiley - biggrin

Post 10

C Hawke

As some of you know, I'm sort of busy this May/June- but if you were all coming down later on in the summer I'd certainly try to bimble over to where-ever you may be.

smiley - biggrin

C Hawke.

Post 11

$u$

How about the week commencing 18 June, if I can swing it? You should be back by then.smiley - winkeye

If you're still looking for ideas (other than the US) can I recommend going to A2026982 ? I know I'd like to!smiley - wow

smiley - hugsmiley - pony

Post 12

Event Horizon

June 18th for Devon/Cornwall or Samoa?

Got nothing in my diary for that week, might be able to swing it... will check the leave book when I get back in on Monday.

Oh yeah - Boo! I'm back! smiley - smiley

Post 13

I think the summer Nodnol meet may well be round about that time smiley - erm

Post 14

$u$

Samoa would be good thanks! smiley - cool

Anyway, looks like that week won't happen for various reasons (I blame Sheryl Crowsmiley - tongueout). Not that London-centric meets would affect it. Point of south-west and other regional meets is to be more accessible to those for whom London is inconvenient.

smiley - pony

Glastonbury Festival

Post 15

Waiting Room

Right, I've had a good look at Glastonbury Festival site, and have decided... I'm up for it! smiley - biggrin Tickets go on sale at 8pm tonight, and sold out within 24 hours last year, so if anyone wants to go, now's your chance! smiley - run

So next question is... accommodation? I quite fancy a tipi. smiley - winkeye Otherwise, traditional campsite will do. Not much info on that yet though, like advance booking?

Quick 'festival meet' page at A2483930 So put your name down there if you plan to go.

smiley - pony on behalf of DNA Meets

Cornwall 04?

Post 16

LittleMissFordPrefect * scfitu * KoRCS * PS of the ....*

Oooh.. *jumps up and down*
There's several of us Cornwall lot who'd certainly like to have a meet down here! The 2003 Eden one passed right under our noses very quietly!

Anyway, sounds like you guys were thinking glastonbury this yr... dodgy time for me at least but hey, maybe in 05?

smiley - angel
LMFP smiley - towel
smiley - devil

Cornwall 04?

Post 17

Event Horizon

Looks like it's time to set up a meet page then.

OK there is a plan of sorts hatching, but so far I've not really thought about making a meet out of it. - Aside from Glastonbury where several of us are on the way too (see A2483930). Some of us will also be headed down to (somewhere in) Cornwall at the end of August, so if there was to be some sort of meet arranged around going somewhere like Eden or Goonhilly - it would probably be over the weekend of the August 28th, or possibly the 4th of September.

Though I'll have to check with the smiley - pony about her plans for getting there and back again (we have a fair old way to travel!), which I'll do this weekend & get back to yousmiley - ok

smiley - biggrin Yay Holiday time is just round the corner!

Cornwall 04?

Post 18

C Hawke

For info, I am on leave that 1st week in Sep so if you are around I *may* be able to pop over and see you all wherever you may be.

smiley - biggrin

CHawke

Cornwall 04?

Post 19

$u$

Ooh, maybe you can direct us to a great campsite then? We want the facilities of Carlyon with a beach at least equal to Holywell. Any suggestions medear? Preferably a reasonably 'central' location for ease of getting here and there (got Eden, Heligan, Tintagel, Gaia and possibly Goonhilly in my sights).

As for a meet... it looks like Sunday 29 August at The Eden Project could be a possibility. And we'll want a good place to party on the 31st too. smiley - giftsmiley - cupcakesmiley - bubblysmiley - crisps

smiley - pony

Cornwall 04?

Post 20

$u$

Ooh, maybe you can direct us to a great campsite then? We want the facilities of Carlyon with a beach at least equal to Holywell. Any suggestions medear? Preferably a reasonably 'central' location for ease of getting here and there (got Eden, Heligan, Tintagel, Gaia and possibly Goonhilly in my sights).

As for a meet... it looks like Sunday 29 August at The Eden Project could be a possibility. And we'll want a good place to party on the 31st too. smiley - boingsmiley - giftsmiley - discosmiley - cupcakesmiley - bubblysmiley - crispssmiley - ojsmiley - applause

smiley - pony

Key: Complain about this post