A Conversation for PLAS NEWYDD, UK

A650530 - Plas Newydd

Post 21

Azara

smiley - ok

Thanks for the footnote - I'm always curious about the derivation of names.

Azara
smiley - rose

A650530 - Plas Newydd

Post 22

Dr Hell

Great entry...

I'd change the title to 'Plas Newydd, UK'.
!!!!! Wait, wait... I'll explain why.

I am not English (or American). I would not dare to imagine that 'Plas Newydd' is a place. I thought it was a fantasy-story protagonist or something like that, maybe a magician...

Probably more non-British would be confused.

On the other hand, what the hell...

HELL

A650530 - Plas Newydd

Post 23

Mistdancer-X-sporadically coherent

Thanks Hell!

How about Plas Newydd, A National Trust Property?
Or Plas Newydd, Uk?

Any other suggestions? I think you're right about the title needing to be a bit more specific, I just don't know what would be best without being too long-winded.

smiley - elf

A650530 - Plas Newydd

Post 24

Captain Kebab

How about Plas Newydd, a Welsh stately home? Just a thought. If you want to be completely obscure, you could call it Plas Newydd, Ynys Mon! smiley - winkeye

I have visited Plas Newydd, and I think this is a great entry. I agree with you about the Whistler mural - stunning is the least you could say about it. I seem to recall that the tearooms there have some sort of award - they certainly do excellent smiley - cake - worth a mention? Or perhaps it's a bit trivial - just ignore me if you think so. smiley - smiley

A650530 - Plas Newydd

Post 25

I never went to the tearooms, but now I wish I had!

I'm still stuck on a new title, though. I'm leaning towards Plas Newydd, A National Trust Property. Anyone disagree?

smiley - elf

A650530 - Plas Newydd

Post 26

Azara

Don't the editors usually add the country to entries about places, anyway?

Azara
smiley - rose

A650530 - Plas Newydd

Post 27

Queen Mab

Fab Entry!! Nice to have a bit of Welsh about the place, even if it is about a place in North Walessmiley - biggrin Just to mention though there's an "ed" missing off reknowned (I don't know if I've spelt that right . . .)

A650530 - Plas Newydd

Post 28

Queen Mab

Fab Entry!! Nice to have a bit of Welsh about the place, even if it is about a place in North Walessmiley - biggrin Just to mention though there's an "ed" missing off reknowned (I don't know if I've spelt that right . . .)

Thread Moved

Post 29

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Peer Review' to 'PLAS NEWYDD, UK'.

This thread has been moved out of the Peer Review Forum because your entry has now been recommended for the Edited Guide.

You can find out what will happen to your entry here: http://www.h2g2.com/SubEditors-Process

Congratulations!

Thread Moved

Post 30

Yippee!!!

Thanks all, for the help and feedback.

smiley - elf

Thread Moved

Post 31

Dancer (put your advert here)

Just here to offer a smiley - bubblysmiley - biggrin

Now you have to wait for the sub eds to do their job, then the que to the front page, and it's in smiley - ok

smiley - hsif
Dancer

Thread Moved

Post 32

Azara

smiley - bubbly for Mistdancer!

Azara
smiley - rose

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more