A Conversation for The Official h2g2 Winter 2002 Party

Photo Scavenger Hunt

Post 41

Chris Tonks

I did consider the possibility... but then I'd be alone, oh so alone. smiley - winkeye

Grr, pedantic parents... Originally thought - when he first agreed to my going - that I'd be meeting you all for about an hour! Completely ignored me when I mentioned the scavenger hunt round London. smiley - erm

Photo Scavenger Hunt

Post 42

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Hmm... You wouldn't get to meet me, anyway...

I wanna gosmiley - wah

Photo Scavenger Hunt

Post 43

Chris Tonks

Oh, sorry to hear that. smiley - sadface
(In reply to first statement. Doesn't work with second.)

Photo Scavenger Hunt

Post 44

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Unfortunately, it's for a very good reason... I'm in California...

Photo Scavenger Hunt

Post 45

Chris Tonks

Ah-hah...
Well, I'll admit that I'm somewhat closer than that. smiley - winkeye

And yet, I've never been to an h2g2 meet-up before, despite being on same site for almost two years.

Photo Scavenger Hunt

Post 46

MaW

It's a shame when parents object to letting you go to h2g2 meets. My first, I more or less told them I was going anyway, I'd just turned eighteen and was feeling very independent. Still, as it turned out it all went very well... except when we got rained on. Zarquon, was that wet!

I still feel damp just thinking about it...

How about assuring your dad that you'll be with a responsible adult or two or three or four for the entire duration of the meet and then attaching yourself to some vaguely sane member of the party who is over eighteen and looks kind of responsible?

On second thoughts, that doesn't inspire confidence...

MaW
Responsible adult, by definition. But only sometimes.

Photo Scavenger Hunt

Post 47

Chris Tonks

Heheh... smiley - winkeye
I've told him that, but he wants to know where I'll be, for some insane reason. smiley - groan

It might work if I get him to meet with Ming's dad before the meet, who'll be coming along with Ming herself. Plans in the works, despite my objections but Ming going ahead and asking her dad anyway. smiley - winkeye

Photo Scavenger Hunt

Post 48

MaW

Possible if irritating solutions:
1) take a mobile (preferably one which you don't pay the bill on smiley - winkeye) and ring your dad every time you're changing location
2) wear a GPS locator so he can track your movements

Photo Scavenger Hunt

Post 49

Pastey

Tonks, you wouldn't be on your own staying in the pub. I assume that the Towers staff will be staying there to meet and greet people as they arrive, and I've a feeling that I'll be staying somewhere near the alcohol supply. I'm a resposible and upstanding member of the community, until the pubs open smiley - winkeye Thinking about it, staying in the pub would have a worse influence than going out on the scavanger hunt smiley - smiley

But the fact that the hunt is going to be done in groups does mean that you're not exactly likely to be wandering around London on your own. And I don't think that anything the Towers have put in the list would put you in danger, except maybe one or two of the items, like having you pictured with your head in the mouth of a lion at London Zoo, or that joke one of a group shot with the London Branch of the Beat Up Children Society smiley - winkeye

smiley - rose

Photo Scavenger Hunt

Post 50

And I can think of another person that probably would be staying in the pub, as well, as the scavenger hunt may be a bit difficult for them... Then again, maybe not...

Photo Scavenger Hunt

Post 51

TowelMaster

[too much on-topic perhaps]

Wouldn't it be fun if the prizes for the Hunt would be handed over by Angus D. and Anne R. ? Oh well, one can dream smiley - winkeye

"You wrote the weakest link, GOODBYE!" smiley - smiley

[end too much on-topic perhaps]

TM.

Photo Scavenger Hunt

Post 52

Pastey

TM, you have way too much spare time smiley - winkeye

smiley - rose

Photo Scavenger Hunt

Post 53

Frankie Roberto

The Photo Scavenger Hunt is gonna be great fun! smiley - smiley

Photo Scavenger Hunt

Post 54

Frankie Roberto

The Photo Scavenger Hunt is gonna be great fun! smiley - smiley

Photo Scavenger Hunt

Post 55

MaW

Yes, we know. smiley - smiley

Photo Scavenger Hunt

Post 56

shazzPRME

How about me taking you under my wing Prof? Does your dad know you used to write for TP and that I edit it? Between us I am sure we can come up with something acceptable. smiley - smiley

shazz smiley - magic

Photo Scavenger Hunt

Post 57

$u$

smiley - magic *hopes it's an unusually dry and bright January day*

Photo Scavenger Hunt

Post 58

MaW

* knows it won't be *

Photo Scavenger Hunt

Post 59

$u$

Well there's always dryer smiley - alesmiley - stiffdrink related options I guess.smiley - cheers

We really need a smiley more than ever now.smiley - winkeye

Photo Scavenger Hunt

Post 60

MaW

Is it on the suggestion list?

Key: Complain about this post