A Conversation for Talking Point: 11 September, 2001

Britain under Tony Blair - a Totalitarian regime?

Post 61

Dryopithecus

In case people get the idea that I support IRA violence,I would like to say, (& h2g2 has not asked me to say this), that I believe in a non-violent future for Ireland. In the interests of balance, may I add that I see no reason to suspect the protestant paramilitary leaders of lying, either.

A staunch unionist I used to know told me that their whole way of life would be destroyed if the republicans ever got power, which is presumably why they are so worried about the way the peace process is going. However, if Ireland is ever going to be at peace, people will have to learn to live alongside each other. Constant bickering over alleged violations isn't the answer.

Since the IRA has decommissioned a couple of large caches of arms, the next logical step is for the protestant paramilitaries to follow suit.

smiley - lovesmiley - peacesign

Key: Complain about this post

Britain under Tony Blair - a Totalitarian regime?

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more