This is the Message Centre for spook

The Real HitchHiker's Guide To The Galaxy

Post 1

spook

U218740 - The Real HitchHiker's Guide To The Galaxy

please submit entries there, or if you like, here. I don't mind, as long as you write entries and help get this working.

spooksmiley - aliensmile

Post 2

ex Brigadeer, now Tealady Werekitty aka Tobru De'ran; ex sith extraordinaire, well poked veggie fascist and Goo Goose

A962165 - It's about rats. smiley - biggrin

Post 3

Terran

How about these : -

A962318 - Footware
A854859 - Instruction Booklets
A846434 - The Number Forty Two (42)

Post 4

Terran

And why not include this :- A5815, its not mine (obviously), but it would be interesting to include it especially since it is an "edited guide" entry.

And just another thought. Why not call "The Real HitchHiker's Guide To The Galaxy" simply "The HitchHiker's Guide To The Galaxy", as this web site is called h2g2?

Post 5

ex Brigadeer, now Tealady Werekitty aka Tobru De'ran; ex sith extraordinaire, well poked veggie fascist and Goo Goose

These are entertaining, me like, Terran smiley - biggrin

Post 6

yours that is, that ones good too. Slacker pops up everywhere, doesn't he?

Post 7

Terran

So you like them then?

Post 8

Terran

--simu-post--

Yes he does. Is he still a regular?

Post 9

egon

A643385

Post 10

Terran

smiley - biggrin

Post 11

Schrödinger's Cat-flap

A962444 - something I knocked together in an inspired moment of silliness smiley - silly

~smiley - peacesignsmiley - cat

Post 12

Terran

Thats seven (including Slackers), so far. Not bad for the first working day smiley - biggrinsmiley - ok

Post 13

spook

this is the real hitchiker's guide and not just the hitchhiker's guide to make an easier difference between this and the guide. ie the edited guide is known as the guide, so this can be known as the real guide.

thank you everyone who has submitted entries. you are all greta people, so please advertise the real guie to people, and if you notice any really fun and great enries that would be perfect for this on your travels, then please do not hesitate to mention them to me.

keep up the great work researchers!smiley - smiley

spooksmiley - aliensmile

Post 14

Terran

BTW : How are you going to organise the entries?

Post 15

The HitchHiker's Guide To The Galaxy Spaced Out Edition

ok, the original post was longer, but something went wrong and it didn't work, so:

thank you those who have contributed. new entries will be added to the system over the next few days in the order of which they were submitted.

A962769 - THHGTTG Menu System, that contains an introduction and list of all entries on system. as popularity and number of entries increases a category system will be introduced and lnks on entries to allow continuous easy access.

thank you everyone so far, and please continue to write and contribute, as this cannot succeed without your support and the support of the whole community.

THE EDITOR

Post 16

Terran

Aren't there a few missing?

Post 17

spook

only got round to doing one so far. i'll do a couple more later. pc was going slow earlier so i thought i'd get 1 done and a menu system and introduction, then i'd be able to work on the other later. don't worry, over the next few days they will all appear, and hopefully a whole load more.

spooksmiley - aliensmile

Post 18

Terran

smiley - cheers

Post 19

Loup Dargent

some of our fellow LDers have written a few entries as well... might need a bit of polishing when it comes to spelling etc [no spell check on the digibox...smiley - cry]... will make a list asap... i will also let them know about it obviously... i've got one of mine that might be ok but i need to update it a little bit as i wrote it before the radio programme was aired [or _even_ advertised...smiley - biggrin] and they even changed the titlesmiley - yikes...

will get back to you soon...smiley - smiley

certainly a great idea...smiley - cool there were stuff i wanted to write about but without even considering submitting them to the edited guide PR... didn't like the idea of them being "edited" and becoming so lame that it would only be a pale imitation of the original... even journalists are not objective when they report a story. if they were, feeding a computer with some key words would do the trick and we would not need them anymore...smiley - biggrin

mmmmmmm.... ok, somehow my post became longer than i planned...smiley - wow

talk soon....smiley - surfer

loupsmiley - fullmoon

Post 20

spook

i can't wait to read all the enries loup!smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post