How to drink Newcastle Brown Ale

1 Conversation

To drink a pint bottle of Newcastle Brown Ale from a pint glass, there are several distinct steps.

STEP 1: Remove top from bottle (very important)

STEP 2: place pint glass (upside down) over top of bottle (so that the top of the glass rests against the side of the bottle just below the neck)

STEP 3: While still holding the pint glass onto the bottle, turn the whole assembly the other way up (So that the glass is now the right way up, with the upside down bottle inside it, touching the bottom of the glass, some of the ale will spill out, leaving a small pool of ale at the bottom of the glass, surrounding the neck of the bottle.

STEP 4: tilt the glass and gradually move the upturned bottle further toward the top of the glass.

STEP 5: When the glass is half full, pull the bottle sharply out of the glass, turning it the correct way up in the process (at this point, it is best to hold on to the pint glass to avoid fatal spillage)

STEP 6: You will now be left with a half full pint glass of Newcastle Brown, and a half full bottle of Newcastle Brown, and the bottle will have all the froth. Start to drink from the glass. (The ale goes flat quicker in the glass than in the bottle)

STEP 7: When you have drunk about a quarter of this half-pint, tilt the glass again and pour some more ale into the pint glass, taking it back up to the half-pint mark.

STEP 8: Repeat step 7 until the botle is empty (apart from the froth, which still should not have found it's way into the glass)

STEP 9: Continue to drink until glass is empty.

STEP 10: Get another bottle

STEP 11: Repeat Steps 1-10 until you are so rip-roaringly <drunk> that the barman refuses to serve you. Well, both barmen. You are <cdouble> by this point.

STEP 12: Stagger drunkenly home

STEP 13: You have now had so many <ale>s that you go to <zzz>.

STEP 14: Wake up. Feel rather <ill>. Ill-advisedly get out of bed. Have a remarkably large <hangover> and therfore drink lots of <coffee>

That is how to drink Newcastle Brown ale.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A643385

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more