This is the Message Centre for Pinniped

Humour me, yeah?

Post 1

Pinniped

It's my birthday. I finally got my iPod (thanks, girls).

If you find this Entry, please suggest a song I can put on it. It would be nice to have a collection of songs that mark hootoo friends.

Pinsmiley - smiley
(49, since you ask. Makes it a last year of youth, in my twisted frame of reference anyhow. Next year I guess I'll shift the bar to 60, but I don't want to think about that right now)

Humour me, yeah?

Post 2

Mu Beta

Drunken Lullabies - Flogging Molly

B

Humour me, yeah?

Post 3

ianhimself

1. faded love .. delaney & bonnie (circa 1974) on the rare but importable motel shot album

2. a case of you ... joni mitchell (circa 1972) .... on the blue album

both are stunning.....smiley - cheers

Humour me, yeah?

Post 4

Skankyrich [?]

'Lady of the Sea', by Seth Lakeman; failing that, a song by the same artist called 'Kitty Jay'. I defy anyone to hear it and deny its perfection. If you want to hear great Devon music -and who doesn't smiley - tongueout - he's the guy.

There's a great Seth track at http://www.sethlakeman.co.uk/ - 'Lady...' is probably his finest to date though.

smiley - smiley

Humour me, yeah?

Post 5

Hypatia

Happy Birthday, Pin. smiley - cakesmiley - bubbly

Putting songs on your ipod to represent your h2g2 friends is a lovely, generous idea. How about "Hail to the Chief"? JUST KIDDING

There is so much wonderful music. I don't know how anyone could have an absolute favorite. Some early Santana. "Soul Scrifice" would be good. He started out when I was in college and is still a favorite of mine.

Humour me, yeah?

Post 6

Trout Montague

Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel - Come Up and See Me/Make Me smiley - smiley

Humour me, yeah?

Post 7

Flame

Trouble - Ray Lamontagne smiley - bubbly

Unfinished Sympathy - Massive Attack smiley - bubbly

Flame smiley - magic

Humour me, yeah?

Post 8

JulesK

Happy Birthday, Pinn smiley - biggrin

For me it would have to be Friday I'm in Love or Shiny Happy People.

Sorry - not a 'deep' music fan!

Humour me, yeah?

Post 9

Tonsil Revenge (PG)

Hmmm...
Spike Jones and his City Slickers, "My Old Flame"!

Humour me, yeah?

Post 10

U168592

NIce smiley - giftsmiley - smiley Happy Returns.

My song?

Blow Up the Pokies by the Whitlams

Humour me, yeah?

Post 11

Phred Firecloud

Happy Birthday...

"Billy the Mountain"...Frank Zappa

Humour me, yeah?

Post 12

Pinniped

Thanks everyonesmiley - hug
A few here I know (and all smiley - cool)
Many I don't (and it will be great hearing them)
Keep them coming!

Humour me, yeah?

Post 13

GreyDesk

There's a version of Robbie Williams' Supreme knocking abiut that has been 'doctored' by some SheffU fans so that it sings the praises of Paddy Kenny, Phil Jagielka and Colin et al. It's absolutely wonderful smiley - roflsmiley - biggrin

Sadly though my copy is trapped on a dead hard drive.

It might be worth hunting around on some Blades message boards to see if anyone has a copy or a link to copy. It goes by the name of "Blades Supreme" smiley - ok

Humour me, yeah?

Post 14

J

"Thanksgiving Day Parade" Dan Bern.

smiley - gift Have a good one.

smiley - blacksheep

Humour me, yeah?

Post 15

LL Waz

If it doesn't need words - Paul Mounsey's Dunfermline from 'City of Walls'. Not sure if you can download just one track, though.

It's a bit late for Happy Birthday, (unless you're celebrating Jodan-style with extensions), so here's smiley - bubbly to many happy returns smiley - smiley.

Waz

Humour me, yeah?

Post 16

Pinniped

Hi All

I thought I'd let you know how I'm getting on.

Most are duly ripped. The exceptions :

Seth Lakeman, Dan Bern and Paul Mounsey - all located, but all requiring full album purchase at known sources. (I'll do that if it comes to it, cos you're all nice people and the stuff all sounds good - but I'm going to thoroughly check out cheaper options first).

Blades Supreme - though I've now heard it, from tape and in a live rendition (!). I can borrow the tape if necessary, and Scrof says she'll show me how to do a DIY mp3 file.

Whitlams - bit of a mystery so far, Matt. None of the sources I've found so far (including the band's own website) list that particular song. Do you know an album.

Spike Jones et al - some glitch with the download I found so far. It's on but it won't play.

And last but by no means least - Billy the Mountain. So far, I've found no download and I've only read the lyrics, but what an epic!

I promise to get them all. Any other suggestions gratefully received!

Pinsmiley - smiley
(total tracks so far = 730, and 290 different artists. The latter's quite important to me. Also, I've made a rule that nothing's going on that means nothing. I've only got 2 albums in their entirety. Yeah, anal I guess, but it makes me feel good about the collection. The Weddell sweetly suggests I should apply the same principles to the bookshelves next!)

Humour me, yeah?

Post 17

Skankyrich [?]

Do you have my email address, Pin?

Humour me, yeah?

Post 18

Pinniped

Yeah - the one on your Yahoo profile.

(not a very flattering picture, is it?)smiley - laugh

Humour me, yeah?

Post 19

Skankyrich [?]

My Yahoo profile? Good grief, I must have put a pic on there while drunk smiley - laughsmiley - run

Humour me, yeah?

Post 20

Skankyrich [?]

Oh, that picture, that's the best one I've got!

Can't find yours; email me and I'll see if I can find a couple of attachments to mail you back smiley - ok

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Pinniped

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more