A Conversation for Mornington Crescent - the Game

First game (Mornington Crescent)

Post 81

Captain_SpankMunki [Keeper & Former ACE] Thanking <Diety of choice> for the joy of Goo.

Seems a bit common but...

Bank.

Post 82

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

* pulls a card from the Community Chest *

Proceed to the Clapham omnibus and ride it to the terminus. Do not pass Mornington Crescent.

smiley - erm

Post 83

John, Camus' Disciple.

UM, Beginner here! Still learning the basics. So correct me if I'm violating this variant, but I think Warwick Avenue is quite sufficient

Post 84

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

* Pulls another card from the Community Chest *

"Mr Bunn the Baker"... OK, who packed the set away last time? smiley - erm

Post 85

Felonious Monk - h2g2s very own Bogeyman

Dollis Hill (Stovold, 1922).

Post 86

Raz

Tooting Beck

Post 87

Vip

Uxbridge Rd

Post 88

Moonglum Clampflower (MornC), Muse of Ego, Keeper of the Lamp and Guru, (aka Happinose)

Using the north wing gambit, I shall neatly avoid Euston (and of course the loopback to oxford circus) and play ...

Uxbridge

smiley - cheers

smiley - crescentmoonsmiley - biggrin

Post 89

Vip

Hmm... tough...

Morgate...

smiley - crescentmoon

Post 90

Moonglum Clampflower (MornC), Muse of Ego, Keeper of the Lamp and Guru, (aka Happinose)

Hmmm... Oh I see. You're playing the signal bypass route. Very nice. Quite easy to fall in to the High Barnett, Edgeware Road, Mornington Crescent trap. However, use of the Swedish inversion rule at this point would put pressure towards Canary Warf, assuming of course that the DLR is in play. The 1932 rule ammendment about the Central Line and the signal failure clauses didn't take this into account so I'll play the safe route and drop down to ...

Waterloo!

How's that for a slip.

smiley - cheers

smiley - crescentmoonsmiley - biggrin

Post 91

Vip

[please take note at this point I have not played this game properly before, so I don't have quite the repertoire... as long as this game involves what I think it does then I'll see what I can do]

Waterloo huh. Well, unfortunately that blocks of my first choice, via the First Option Rule of 1983, meaning that I shall have to instead use the Interrogation tactic and say:

Parsons Green

Post 92

egon

Tufnell Park

Post 93

Captain_SpankMunki [Keeper & Former ACE] Thanking <Diety of choice> for the joy of Goo.

Tufnell Park?! Are you playing to loose? Or do I detect a faint hint of the Nyquist/Palomer game of 1908.

Well, you've forced my hand:

Dollis Hill.

Liam.

Post 94

Vip

Well at least he didn't say Elephant and Castle or I would have been forced to recall the Tabletop rule of 1942. As it is, you leave me easy ground to say:

Kensington High St

smiley - crescentmoon

Post 95

egon

I'm afraid that's an elementary mistake- under the Berko/Gleason alteration of 1961, I can now say, with the greatest of confidence:

CAMDEN TOWN!

Post 96

Vip

Ah! You've left youself easy...

Royal Oak

smiley - crescentmoon

Post 97

Scarab (Herbert West)

You cannnot. You are blatantly in Spoon.

Post 98

Alex A (Keeper of 7)

Rule variants are for wimps - inventive play is quite posssible under the original Wells version:

Elephant and Castle

Post 99

Scarab (Herbert West)

Borough, then.

Ha!

Post 100

Vip

Fine, fine...

Paddington

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more