This is the Message Centre for Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

*sulks*

Post 1

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

I don't do role play on here very often (not there's much on here anymore)--at least not the adventurous, long-term, needs thought kind--because my imagination doesn't often work that way. But last night/this morning, I saw a (possibly) throw-away line in someone's role play posting (one I was minimally participating in--I didn't just swoop in out of nowhere) and was inspired with a whole bunch of havoc-wreaking. Dual-forked wreaking, at that, as there was a point in which another player's action would determine how it would go, and my deciding what happened would've broken the Laws of Continuity. I even pointed out that the other player had to say what happened next--I couldn't. When I got up this morning, said player had chosen the action I was hoping for--but then finished off with Flamedancer doing something that was totally at odds with my plans (and my set-up, for that matter)smiley - wah

I know it doesn't really matter, but it's sort of like someone that may not have much artistic skill having something that they're very happy with how it's turning out, just to have someone spill something all over itsmiley - sadface

*sulks*

Post 2

Milla, h2g2 Operations

I like to follow those games, but I can't really get the hang of interactions... so I avoid that.
Sorry that your character seems robbed of the choice how to interact.

smiley - towel

*sulks*

Post 3

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Sorry to hear about that, Amy. The Laws of Continuity are not as unbreachable as they used to be, though. Could you start your own thread and call the shots? smiley - smiley

*sulks*

Post 4

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])

smiley - erm
Amy, I did see that, too. Consider the fact several folks take small liberties--outside the LoC--perhaps because they're not keeping in mind they can ~initiate~ an action, but it's incumbent upon the person "on the receiving end" to ~complete~ the action or suggest an alternate result.
smiley - cdouble
My recommendation to you is to let go the minor transgression of LoC, and simply remind the player it wasn't his/her call on what your character does next. Then press on with your intended action and ignore the "out of context" statement by the other player. We've done this often enough, and no one's emotions were scarred in the process. I.E.: When the Pie Monster picked up the Squid and put him atop his shoulders, that constituted a breach in Continuity 'etiquette', but the Squid took the next posting or two to regain control of his own character, by clambering down from the perch and ad-libbing more story from that point. No harm, no foul.
smiley - cheerup
Just so you know, I was anticipating the outcome of your interaction. Don't balk from following through; we want to see the scenario play out.
smiley - magic
B4youfindthateach&everyadventurecontainsacertainMalleabilityintheFlowofActions

*sulks*

Post 5

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Oh, I know whining was being petty, and typing it out was all I needed to let it go. I probably shouldn't've posted, but I spent all that time typing, and I didn't name names (or threads either) so smiley - shrug

*sulks*

Post 6

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])

smiley - biggrin
Good to hear (and see) you're back on track again.
{B4 pauses, tilts his head, and pulls something out of his pocket.}
Well, then, back to the chase. Fetch!
smiley - tennisball
B4wejustbreakdown&playafastpacedgameofracquetball

*sulks*

Post 7

smiley - raisedeyebrow

Flamedancer's not in my journal...

Key: Complain about this post