A Conversation for The Return of H2G2 Story Time

we used to do that round robin thing

Post 1

ex-Rambling. Thingite. Dog. Pythonist. Deceased.

smiley - ghost found this when I was checking up on your likes and dislikes so I could get your fan club rolling with style. smiley - erm can't seem to pin you down, mr. mysterious. you are very smart and very quiet. have only gleaned a few likes from your postings. am going to read this(I only got a couple of paragraphs, so far) with a hot cup of coffee and a bowl of popcorn. thanks for posting it! consider fiction central, when you get the time, will you?

Post 2

Clive the flying ostrich: Amateur Polymath | Chief Heretic.

This was a forum on Ask H2G2 a researcher called Knifee started it off
I really enjoyed taking part in this story and at some point I decided to collect each posting and save them in MS Word. I never expected H2G2 to go off-line and and recently some of the researchers involved wondered if the thread had returned from moderation. (it was rather long) and the answer is still no (it's due to re-appear sometime around the 1st week in october, I think...)

So I decided to write up the forums I had saved as a guide Entry and H2G2 - Storytime could start up again!

When the forum re-appears I'll credit all of those involved.

Clive smiley - biggrin

Post 3

ex-Rambling. Thingite. Dog. Pythonist. Deceased.

smiley - ghost I'm gonna re-read it tomorrow shen I'm more awake. for now I'll introduse the evil killer nurse...

She comes in with poisoned oil to massage the boss. where do I put it? here, or start a new thread?

Post 4

oooh nice one. smiley - smiley

is the nurse one of the cryo-clownz? a disgruntled ex-employee perhaps. oh yes, I've missed this.

Good point though I've made a new thread adding new postings on the page.

Clive smiley - biggrin

Post 5

Knifee, Thingite in charge of stuff you shouldn´t run with. Back from being away

yello.......... ne1 remerber me smiley - winkeye after being away for a long time, i´m back, which is maybe not a big deal, but i just finnished reading the story, and then noticed that its starting up again.......... frankly wow, u guys really ran with this hey...... I never thought that it would still be alive after all this time.... brings a small tear to my eye smiley - winkeye

Post 6

Knifee! smiley - wow

How could I not?

"we used to do this thing in class: pass a bit of paper round the room and by the end of the lesson you'd have a complete story - I thought I'd try ther same thing here.

--------

Once upon a time a tall dark-haired man called Bob...."

And the rest they say is history.

Had some meetings with Shazz and we are being syndicated in the weekly editions of The Post!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/thepost
We'll see how things go but hopefully we might even get the old girl up and running again!

*cracks open the champagne* smiley - bubbly

Clive smiley - winkeye

Post 7

Knifee, Thingite in charge of stuff you shouldn´t run with. Back from being away

smiley - winkeye u know this thing is still keeping a smile on my face, sydicated now hey..... very very cool. Still looking round, I can see that everyone who had anything to do with the creation of that story sould give mr Clive the flying ostrich eternal thx for keeping a copy and bringing the whole thing back........

Post 8

awww. shucks. smiley - blush

Key: Complain about this post