A Conversation for The Quite Interesting Society

Have I got QI for you?

Post 21

Br Robyn Hoode - Navo - complete with theme tune

Why dont you play QI with us on the QI boards? I'm sure you'll find it if you put QI society into the great and wonderful search engine that helps us navigate around this wonderful site!!

Have I got QI for you?

Post 22

U12792173

Yes, we shall.

Have I got QI for you?

Post 23

U12792173

provide me a link

Have I got QI for you?

Post 24

I have already suggested how to find it. If you cant be bothered, you could at least be polite enough to ask properly. Your manner is rather abrupt and abrasive. If you dont mean to be that way then please, take this as constructive advice. We're generally pretty polite (at least in passing) around here, we say please and thank you and except in certain circumstances, we all rub along pretty well because everyone makes the effort to be that way.

Of course, if you do mean to be that way then smiley - goodluck

Have I got QI for you?

Post 25

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/alabaster/A22174526

Join in and enjoy.

Have I got QI for you?

Post 26

TRiG (Ireland) A dog, so bade in office

smiley - erm

This conversation is actually on the QI board. I don't know what it's doing there, because it's not a standard QI style conversation.

TRiG.smiley - smiley

Have I got QI for you?

Post 27

U12792173

Let's start a standard QI Convysation.

Have I got QI for you?

Post 28

Clive the flying ostrich: Amateur Polymath | Chief Heretic.

Well here's how I play.

Think of or stumble across something interesting. (My latest batch have been drawn from The Islamic Golden Age, Anecdotes from a history of surgery and a mixture of volcanology and cartography (maps) )

Find some obscure factoid or better yet, find a link between two or more facts and then design some clever question which obscures the answer and will be just difficult enough for roughly 10-20 people to spend an afternoon or more puzzling over.

If you're really working hard. You'll think up some pitfalls and booby traps for your victims, I mean fellow QI Minions to blunder into. The QI staple of obvious answers (we don't penalise wrong ones unless they're really punishably daft or obvious or else we'd be here all day.) is punishable with a klaxon smiley - bluelight (that's a < bluelight > without the spaces between the < > ) and we deduct -5 points from that persons score.

If they manage, by hook or crook (but not Google or wikipedia. Have some standards, man!) they garner for themselves a respectable +3 points. As do any answers which approach being right or get the person part of the way there.

If they manage to come up with something in pursuit of your answer which manages to, tangental relevant, obscure and quite interesting ithen they get a QI bonus of +6.

And You can give your self a +1 bonus just for dreaming up the question.

You can see how the scoring system works here: A26941485

I designed it but Bob took it over and improved it. smiley - ok

To post your finely honed riddle, click "new conversation" and off you go.

Convention has it, so society members can easily locate the forums from their Personal Spaces, that each new conversation is appened thus:

QI -

And if your are really feeling creative. You can build into your forum title a pun, a further riddle related (or not) to the main theme of your challenge or possibly something to throw us wildly off the scent of your genius.

Such is your whim.

When the thread has run it's course. Grab a pen and paper, and work out who got kalxons, QI and who got the correct or mostly correct postings.

And then leave those points for the attention of Bob Stafford, F7180006?thread=4942693 who will update the scoreboard.

And that is how we play QI.

Clive. smiley - smiley

Have I got QI for you?

Post 29

U12792173

I begin with how was television invented.
how was it

Have I got QI for you?

Post 30

McKay The Disorganised

I know this one -

smiley - cider

Have I got QI for you?

Post 31

Taff Agent of kaos

ther was bugger all on the radiosmiley - rofl

smiley - bat

Have I got QI for you?

Post 32

Thatprat - With a new head/wall interface mechanism

Which one?

The one John Logie Baird invented? or the one invented by an american that all modern TV's are derived from?

Key: Complain about this post