A Conversation for How to Deal with Mosquitoes

Other natural repellants

Post 1

Researcher Ragnaschlock

I've discovered that eating lots of garlicky foods keeps blood sucking creatures away (fleas, mosquitos, vampires) and vitamin B supplements help as well. Of course, overdoing the garlic can tend to repell a lot more than you intended (coworkers, pets, loved ones, etc.)

Other natural repellants

Post 2

gscottj

I read something about bananas, once. As in, rubbing them on your skin, if I remember correctly. I can't remember if it was to prevent bites or to soothe the itching, though it might just work for both.
I'll look it up and get back later.

Other natural repellants

Post 3

gscottj

Sorry, I apparently got that backwards...
Go to http://jean_e.tripod.com/thewholedogstore/id11.htmlto check out a site that seems moderately reliable.

Other natural repellants

Post 4

davethetest

Is it true that quinine repels mosquitos, and that it is present in tonic water?

I confess I have believed this without research, or confirmation, with resultant only too regular gin overdoses (which I find aids the digestion of the tonic)

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more