A Conversation for Zen and the Art of Orange Peeling

The way the old barbarians used to do it

Post 1

Prez HS (All seems relatively quiet here)

This article touches on a tell-tale feature of civilisation, eating fruit in a civilised manner. It is something which separates us from neaderhals, we should savour it dearly.

The way the barbarians of old used to do it is quite different. They used to take the whole and unpeeled fruit, hold it in their right hand and open their mouth. then bring the orange up to the mouth at as high a speed as possible, splattering the fruit against the teeth and hoping that at least some of the juice would end up actually in the mouth. this technique was often accompanied by loud grunts and yelps, as an orange colliding with one's teeth at breakneck speed can have quite an impact... smiley - silly

Post 2

Sam

Thank you so much for this! I finally know what I am - a Barbarian. Excellent stuff. smiley - biggrin

Post 3

CMaster

Homer Simpson - he hit it against his forehead, even worse. :D

Post 4

Sam

I think Homer Simpson perfected the Absolute Art of Zen Stupidity. smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more