This is the Message Centre for Arlecchino (school gets in the way)

Welcome Arlecchino

Post 1

Emily...overly fond of the ellipsis...and top ten lists...submit yours @ A87824361...

Hi I'm Em and i'm a GA.smiley - smileysmiley - hug and I am incredibly foolish in a funny way of coursesmiley - winkeyesmiley - elf

I'm here to kind of be your guide to the guidesmiley - smiley

Anyway i have made a special page for newbies as the beeb do not really like large amounts of links in postingssmiley - smiley

http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A562303

Welcome Arlecchino

Post 2

Arlecchino (school gets in the way)

Nice to meet you, Em. Is that short for Emily? Do you have a niece named Dorothy by any chance? I'm learning that there are a lot of things that the "Beeb" doesn't like. The Zaphodistas have already been here, and recruited me smiley - smiley

Welcome Arlecchino

Post 3

Emily...overly fond of the ellipsis...and top ten lists...submit yours @ A87824361...

Zaphodistas?smiley - erm

No I don't have a neice called Dorothy...don't have any neices, nephews, cousins and only have 1 unclesmiley - smiley

& yeah it is short for Emilysmiley - smiley

Moderators are evil!

Welcome Arlecchino

Post 4

Well, I'll make up for it for you. I have a Grandmother Dorothy, but I'm not related to anyone named Emily that I'm aware of. So together we could have a nice little Wizard of Oz sort of thing going.

Welcome Arlecchino

Post 5

Groovy!smiley - coolsmiley - online2long

Welcome Arlecchino

Post 6

smiley - cool

Welcome Arlecchino

Post 7

this is my groovy face smiley - online2long

Welcome Arlecchino

Post 8

looks like your smilie is gets to feeling groovy with a little help from his (chemical) friends.

Welcome Arlecchino

Post 9

Just checked out your user page and I like your musical taste! I also noticed that you play guitar. Would ask you to join my (currently non-existant) band, but I see you live in the UK, and as I live in the States, rehearsals would be a major pain.

Welcome Arlecchino

Post 10

My smily has just been sat infront of the lava lamps too longsmiley - winkeye

I'm not very good at guitar yet I'm just starting...I havn't managed to completely master chords yetsmiley - winkeye

And if I could and was in America I would have loved to join your band but isnt possiblesmiley - sadface And rehearsals would be a pain and the whole web cam probably wouldn't we good either seeing I dont have onesmiley - winkeye

TTFN

Welcome Arlecchino

Post 11

I don't have a webcam, either. That, and I'm no good at lead -- wouldn't do to have us both on chords. Oh well. Maybe when I get back to the town I go to college in I'll find some players.

Welcome Arlecchino

Post 12

Harlequin {Keeper of Contradictions, Ambiguity and Things You Shouldn't Ask But Do}

mmhm Interesting, I actually don't play the drums... so two novice guitarists, a non-drummer, good start.

As a non-existant band we wouldn't need to get together to rehearse, so distance isn't a problem really.

We could book some venues for non-events, and sell tickets, that way people would get nothing for something.

smiley - smiley

Welcome Arlecchino

Post 13

And, conversely, we would be getting something for nothing. This sounds like my kind of band. What kind of music shouldn't we play?

Welcome Arlecchino

Post 14

Harlequin {Keeper of Contradictions, Ambiguity and Things You Shouldn't Ask But Do}

Well we need a wide audience with plenty of buying power for the non-merchandise. A lack of musical taste would be an advantage too.

As an initial thought Celine Dion has retired so all the people who like her have little to look forwards to.

I will think on this and get back to you. smiley - smiley

Welcome Arlecchino

Post 15

Non Rock, Ska and Punksmiley - smiley

Also I recogn for a non exsistant band We should make a non exsistant band web page on h2g2smiley - smileysmiley - winkeye

Welcome Arlecchino

Post 16

slow down, do you mean that we should make an existant webpage about our nonexistant band, or a nonexistant webpage about our nonexistant band? To put it another way: Should we actually make the page or not?

Welcome Arlecchino

Post 17

Why not it could be interestingsmiley - smiley

Welcome Arlecchino

Post 18

mmhm sounds good.... presuming we are talking about an existant web-page, er, erm well right..... yes

Welcome Arlecchino

Post 19

So one of us has to create a new page from their own user space, right? After that we can all give input into what should be on the page. So who wants to create the page?

Welcome Arlecchino

Post 20

The Banned

Ok done that, we are Researcher 179814 nicknamed 'The Banned'

Our BBC Login name is 'Banned' as is the password, so we've all got access to the personal space to make any changes as necessary.

Key: Complain about this post

Welcome Arlecchino

More Conversations for Arlecchino (school gets in the way)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more