This is the Message Centre for paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Yesterday, my neighbors watched me taken away n in an ambulance

Post 1

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Partly it was the stress of trying to train a new trailer park manager who couldn't be fired but also couldn't learn well enough (and I was the only one whose schedule allowed me to meet with him for training). Partly it was the loss of everything social that was fun --eating in restaurants, watching movies. etc. But what finally puished me oevr the edge was an anti-anxiety medicine form my doctor that sent my electrolytes out of balance. I had a terrible anxiety attack, and called 911.

I was carted off to Faulkner Hospital. Granted, Faulkner could not deal with park managers of reopen the restaurants, but they did do lots of tests. Talented doctors decided which medications were pushing my sodium and chlorine down to serious lows. It was almost like being pampered in a posh hotel, with people on hand to take my pulse every four hours (Ah, to be touched by human hands again!), and room service to send meals up to me (okay, so today's lunch took an hour to appear, after my having to get after them four times).

So many many cared about me. It was almost like a vacation, even if I had to lie on a gurney that got slid under a half-circular machine for 30 minutes at a time. I had a cat scan that ultimately told them one of my kidneys might have a bit of trouble emptying. This led to a magnetic scan with radioactive dye pumped into my veins. It was followed up by another scan after being injected with a diuretic.

My room had a better shower than the one at home. Okay, so the staff hid the towels and soap, but I cadged a towel from a cupboard somewhere....

I'm still alive. Also, I d a test for Covid-19. I am not infected.

Post 2

ITIWBS

Happily its not Covid-19.

Sounds like you've more than enough other trouble.

Take care of yourself and get well soon.

I was missing you after your initial notes.

Glad that your medical help appears to have the problem well in hand.

Post 3

I've started taking a couple of new prescriptions. We'll see how they work out. Some of the old ones did a number on me.smiley - bruised

Post 4

ITIWBS

That happens.

I'd resist an effort to change my own anti-anxiety med, it works so well for what was a very intractable problem.

At that its very dosage sensitive.

Post 5

Deb

Scary stuff, Paul, glad to hear you're on the mend. It must be kinda nice to know you're clear of the virus too.

Stay safe. Hope you're back on top form soon.

Deb smiley - cheerup

Post 6

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Oi, please stop worrying us and get better. Or vice versa. Whichever order pleases you best smiley - cheerupsmiley - goodluck

smiley - pirate

Post 7

Last night I had some pleasant dreams instead of the scary ones. I hope that's the new medication taking hold.

Post 8

SashaQ - happysad

Glad to hear you slept well last night smiley - cheerup

Glad you were well looked after in hospital, and also able to get a COVID test - that will help to put your mind at rest for a bit, too, as I saw you had been worrying about your temperature smiley - hug

Look after yourself smiley - tea

Post 9

Your well-wishes are appreciated. smiley - smiley

My mind gets eased by good news, only to get hit with new worries later. But maybe someday the tide will turn in my favor.

Post 10

Today, Wednesday, the day after coming home, I have reduced the Citalopram and begun taking the new medication to replace Doxepin. I had a pleasant night's sleep, which included some nice dreams rather than the scary ones that I've had recently. I hope the nice dreams continue.

Today I have felt unusually relaxed, which is all to the good. It's
better than the tension I've felt. I haven't felt like reading any of the books in my bedroom. This is also relaxing, as the reading had gotten to be like doing homework.

When I went walking this afternoon, I had a nice relaxed gait. I no longer feel as if someone is chasing me, making me walk as fast as possible. Citalopram can sometimes make people feel impatient and hyper. Now that I'm taking less of it (with phasing out of it completely), I'm feeling less stressed.

I'm more philosophical today. My grandmother and an aunt had nervous breakdowns, which took a year to fully recover from. It's okay to not feel stressed for time. Healing my overburdened nerves can proceed in a leisurely fashion. This is not a race.

Today's treat was a devil's food cupcake that I got at Star market. It was sinful,.decadent, tasty, and I savored every bite. smiley - drool

Post 11

Right now I'm sitting at my computer, listening to my new stereo system, which I treated myself to a week or two ago. (I ordered it from Amazon.) I have about 2,000 CD's in every genre under the sun, and I'm enjoying them immensely right now, with excellent sound. In half an hour I will take my new antidepressant with a banana and a little water, and then head off to bed, hoping for another nice dream.

The dream I enjoyed last night was in the living room of my parents' house. They were both healthy and happy. I was congratulating hem on beating the odds. My father was 100, and my mother was a couple months shy of 100. It was such a comfort to be with them again and tell them I love them.

Post 12

Sounds like a good dream. Congratulations on completing yet another year yourself today smiley - ok

smiley - pirate

Post 13

Thanks for remembering my birthday.

Last night was rockier than the night before. This is a transition period, so there will be bad spells. I have low sodium, so the doctor wants me to cut back fluid consumption buy 25%. I'managing to do that, but just barely.

Post 14

It's tricky. For years we've been warned against using too much salt in our food. And now smiley - doctorsmiley - doctor tell us we are too low on sodium smiley - erm

smiley - pirate

Post 15

Askadodilges (hides His Foot)

Drinking less water instead of eating more salt seems like out of the box thinking...the military would force us to eat salt tablets on temperature days over 100 Farenheit...we had large white salt rings form on our clothing near our armpits...

I'm glad you are back home and hoping for your full recovery...eat more ice cream...smiley - cheers

Post 16

I will have atelephone visit with my doctor tomnorrow afternoon at 1:30

Post 17

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - sadfaceAs I haven't been around of late (pc meltdown) you might feel now Paul ? a virtual lug'ole coming from me!

Any reason to have a trip in an ambulance dear friend is NOT on ok - stop it and desist or when my fairy godmother and guardian angel get off their backsides and help my finances somewhat! I'll be over there and clout you for real smiley - nahnahsmiley - ok

Post 18

Also known as in the sweet bye and bye.

Post 19

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - smileyMy time in hootoo, I have met in real life some very good friends within hootoo.
I have some more to meet and I hope one day to achieve that smiley - smileyI'll never stop hopingsmiley - ok

Post 20

The world has lost both Hope and Crosby.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more