A Conversation for Talking Point: Children's Television

Does anyone remember......?

Post 1

Philious

Me and my friends have often discussed childrens TV from our childhood (the 80's for us). We have often found that one of us remembers a show realy well while others have little or no memory of it.

Is this a common phenomina?

Also I have one show in my head that no-one seems to remember, so do any of my fellow Hootooers have a memory of it?

The show I have in mind is from late 80's early 90's. It was a cartoon. The prinsiple caracter was a little lorry. This lorry could change its back part dependant on the situation. ie. a fire engine part for fire, a transite type back to move stuff, a tow truck etc.

Does anyone else remember this show?

Does anyone have similar problems?

Post 2

NPY

I don't remember that lorry. smiley - sorry

But I do know what you mean. I remember watching Playschool when I was a kid, but any time I have this kind of chat with friends they don't remember it and only think of Play Days/Bus. Playschool way so much better.

Post 3

U3193321

I remember playschool "....and today we'll look through the round window" smiley - biggrin

Post 4

NPY

Yey!!! Someone remembers!!! I had a Humpty Dumpty and a Jill.

Post 5

U12792173

DID IT HAVE A YELLOW TRUCK, THEN IT WOULD BE DIG AND DUG

Post 6

NPY

smiley - erm Not sure about the yellow truck now.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more