This is the Message Centre for Red (and a bit grey) Dog

Weekend at Red Dog's

Post 2981

Mistadrong, (Count vonCount.)the last Gog standing

That's very good paul.
Of course some of the politicians are contortionists as well as escape
artists, see them wriggle out of a commitment.
smiley - vampire

Weekend at Red Dog's

Post 2982

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Yes, I've seen them do that. I don't have any enthusiasm for politics. I don't even watch the presidential candidates debate each other. What do debates prove anyway?

Weekend at Red Dog's

Post 2983

Mistadrong, (Count vonCount.)the last Gog standing

I've got to be honestand admit that I don't get fired up about politics
any more. I used to be quite commited to certain things and give of my time
and in some cases, my money.
I've reached a place where I realise I've seen it all before and it's
a case of same-old, same-old.
smiley - vampire

Weekend at Red Dog's

Post 2984

Actually, we are living in times that force politicians to sacrifice. The picture is never pretty. It isn't just politicians who are sacrificing, judging by the protest groups that are becoming more and more visible.

So, I don't think this is the same old anything. There was always enough to go around, but now there isn't -- unless you want to split hairs and argue that the top 5% own most of the wealth in society. Don't hold your breath waiting for them to see that they need to spread it around. The few that do give away a lot of wealth attach large strings to the giveaways. I believe that both Warren Buffett and Bill/Melinda Gates want their donations to result in a less overpopulated world. At some point in the future (perhaps a distant one), the lower population of workers will give job-seekers a better shot at employment, but what do we do about the huge group of unemployed right now?

Weekend at Red Dog's

Post 2985

Saturn Girl ~ 1 of 42 (Borg Queen A761708) ~ Gollum's keeper + some ~ [1*7(0!+2)(0!+1)=42]

*pokes the thread, and waits to see what happens*

Weekend at Red Dog's

Post 2986

The Liquid Warrior (Vescere bracis meis)

Ouch. Oi stop poking me. It hurts. You nearly made me spill my drink
Goes back to bottle of Jim Beam

Weekend at Red Dog's

Post 2987

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

smiley - cheers

Weekend at Red Dog's

Post 2988

I wonder what Red Dog is doing now?

Weekend at Red Dog's

Post 2989

Saturn Girl ~ 1 of 42 (Borg Queen A761708) ~ Gollum's keeper + some ~ [1*7(0!+2)(0!+1)=42]

/me looks around

Weekend at Red Dog's

Post 2990

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

smiley - zzzsmiley - yikessmiley - sleepy

Wassup?

Weekend at Red Dog's

Post 2991

I *still* wonder what Red Dog is doing now. smiley - tongueout

Right now I'm listening to "Les Miserables" and looking forward to seeing little plants coming up where I sowed wildflower seeds.

Weekend at Red Dog's

Post 2992

Red (and a bit grey) Dog

Sneaks in and erects a large sign inscribed in Arabic.

*giggles evilly*

Weekend at Red Dog's

Post 2993

I'm glad that you are smiling, Red Dog. I can't indulge your taste for Arabic signage, but I have no doubt that Saturn Girl will be able to translate it. smiley - smiley

Weekend at Red Dog's

Post 2994

Red (and a bit grey) Dog

It's not good - I should run away now before they get here smiley - winkeye

Weekend at Red Dog's

Post 2995

Please stay, Red Dog. smiley - grovel

It's a huge relief that you are still alive and well, and that your legacy continues to grow here. smiley - smiley

Weekend at Red Dog's

Post 2996

Red (and a bit grey) Dog

The entry is nearing 3000 posts ..... actually growing quite fond of the old thing smiley - smiley

...... but I still need to kill it off so don't you be thinking I've gone soft or anything like that smiley - winkeye

Weekend at Red Dog's

Post 2997

I can understand why you'd be fond of it, and also why you'd want to kill it off. This thread is your most successful effort at H2G2, and like most successes it both elevates you and restricts you. You are in good company. Arthur Conan Doyle felt trapped by the public's demand that he keep writing tales of Sherlock Holmes. He even killed Holmes off. It made no difference, he ultimately had to resuscitate Holmes smiley - erm. How eager do you think L Frank Baum was to keep writing more books about Oz? How enthusiastic do you think the average aging rock star is about singing the songs that he/she became famous with decades before? If you're a creative person, you're always feeling compelled to come up with new material. Having to dredge up the old stuff time after time can lead to madness.

Just another brick in the wall.....

Weekend at Red Dog's

Post 2998

Red (and a bit grey) Dog

*ponders the disturbing notion that the thread he has attempted to kill off for so long is being thought of as his biggest contribution to Hootoo*

Urrrrrrggghhhh smiley - facepalm

Weekend at Red Dog's

Post 2999

/me hugs Red Dog

Weekend at Red Dog's

Post 3000

I'm not saying that this thread is necessarily a great creation right now, but its future greatness is likely to be of a great magnitude. smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

Weekend at Red Dog's

More Conversations for Red (and a bit grey) Dog

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more