This is the Message Centre for Peta

Accident! :-(

Post 1

Peta

I had a bit of an accident at work yesterday. smiley - sadface

There's a big balcony/terrace on the floor above me at work. I'd been up there earlier in the day as the sun was shining and wanted to make a couple of phone calls before I rushed off out for a drink with Pete, one of the BBC lawyers.

As usual I was thinking of other things, and rushing about. I strode towards the sliding patio door, thought 'It's open isn't it? yep!' and then wham, I went straight into the glass door with my head. It knocked me back a bit, and then these guys sitting by jumped and said 'Are you okay' and I said 'Yeah, yeah, fine, bit stunned' and they said ' Er, no, you're not, you've gashed your head - you need stitches!' and grabbed me.

I'd hit the glass and split my head open! Ow, ow, ow! They dialed the emergency number, and called an ambulance, and the first aider rushed up with the box and bandages and wrapped up my head which was spurting blood impressively all over the place.

I felt so stupid; what a stupid, stupid thing to do. I really thought the door was wide open as it was earlier in the day. smiley - doh

I was a real wuss and called my boss Richard and said 'come up and find me! I'm hurt!' and he legged it up the stairs.

So, the ambulance came and took me to Hammersmith Hospital, Richard came with me and called Mark, who rushed back into London and met us there.

They gave me the choice of stitches, or glue. I went for the glue, because it sounded better cosmetically, but apparently some people *prefer* stitches - weird old world, huh?

Anyway, no work for me today. I've got a huge (well I think it's huge, but I said I'm a wuss!) gash on my head, a lump like a walnut, a bruised nose and a wonderful swollen shut black eye.

So much for a nice night out having a drink with Pete and friends!

Post 2

Zak T Duck

Crikey! smiley - injured Hope you're feeling better soon Peta, and give that patio door a severe telling off. smiley - smiley

Post 3

Whisky

Ouch!
Hell of a drastic way to get a day off work wasn't it?smiley - winkeye

Post 4

pheloxi | is it time to wear a hat? |

hopes that Mark is there to pamper you a bit...

one other thing glass doors should have "sign" on it!

smiley - goodluck with healing!

Post 5

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit trying to see an invisible door
"Get well soon !

Make sure the door gets a visible decoration next time you go out.

It is just a sign, some doors are closed for everyone smiley - winkeye"

Post 6

Kerr_Avon - hunting stray apostrophes and gutting poorly parsed sentences

I'm sorry, I shouldn't laugh but....

That does sound like a bit of Chuckle Brothers moment.

smiley - ale

Post 7

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

smiley - yikesBlimey

smiley - cuddlesmiley - injuredsmiley - smooch

smiley - cheerupGet well soon Petasmiley - rose

Post 8

Peta,

you I think should read this http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/iacl97.htm#4e

pheloxi

Post 9

Peta

Thanks everyone!

It was definitely a bit of a chuckle brothers moment! I felt *such* a dork!

They're now doing accident reports and rushing off to sticker the windows, bit late now though! smiley - injured

Post 10

Kerr_Avon - hunting stray apostrophes and gutting poorly parsed sentences

Horse, barn door, bolted, anyone?

smiley - ale

Post 11

Mort - a middle aged Girl Interrupted

Ouch.

Make sure you get pampered and spoiled and looked after like the proper wounded soldier you are.

Bad timing too - a bank holiday weekend. (claim the day back smiley - winkeye)

Post 12

Ormondroyd

Ouch! Sorry to hear about your mishap, Peta. Hope it all heals soon.
(gentle smiley - hug)

Mind you, I think pheloxi has a point. They may be putting up warning stickers *now*, but isn't that an implicit admission that they should have done so before? I'll bet the BBC have good liability insurance...smiley - evilgrin

I feel sorry for Mark too. I can just imagine the smiley - cross looks he'll get from people when he's out with you and your bruised face... smiley - winkeye

Post 13

Peta

Thanks!

Yes, they should have been stickered, I'm sure they will be by the time I get back on Tuesday. I'll wait a bit, if they make me redundant I'll sue them if not, well I'll consider it... I think you've got two years to make a claim! smiley - winkeye

Post 14

so keep eye on yourself....

Post 15

I'm not really here

smiley - cheerupI'm sorry that I've only just heard. smiley - hug Glad to hear you are ok now, take care of yourself.

Post 16

Marjin, After a long time of procrastination back lurking

You were a bit unlucky the window-cleaners just had been along.

I am glad it is nothing serious, get well soonsmiley - cheerup

Post 17

Wendy RedredRobin

smiley - yikes Peta, hope you are feeling better today smiley - cheerup.

Glad nothing was broken and they could glue you together again.

Post 18

Whisky

Hi Humpty smiley - winkeye

How's the head now?

Post 19

Whoami - iD dislikes punctuation

Yeah, are you on the mend? smiley - smileysmiley - cake

Post 20

Peta

LOL, Yes! smiley - ok

Feeling *much* better now. I think the scary goth look kind of suits me! smiley - winkeye

They've put new stickers on the door now, surprise, surprise! smiley - winkeye

P.S. The door says it feels better too, it took rather a bump there as well. smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post