A Conversation for Townies Vs Goths - The Fight for the Streets

society imposed gothness has nothing to do with real gothness

Post 1

Researcher 217631

those bands aren't goth bands. goths don't hang out in graveyards. a lot of what is asociated with goths is just a steryotype, and people who want to become goths adopt those steryotypes as they think that it is what goths do, and then we get real goths, and wannebe goths, and, as a real goth, i am so tired of being told i like maryilin manson and cradle of filth, that i am depressed and wirship the devil, or that i cut my wrists and want to die. these are all bad steryotypes that people think goths are into, when most real goths aren't. and wannabes often only say that they are because they think that they have to, or they think that it makes them cooler than they actually are. and goths dont' go around in gangs, either. nu metal kids and skater kids do, btu they wear black as well, which can be confusing for nongoths. it is also confusing for skater kids and nu metalers, because often, they think wearing black makes them a goth, when it doesn't.

Post 2

Researcher 241924

I agree mostly with you. Most goths do infact worship the devil. Its something they belive it doesn't make them wannabes. Also most goths do hang around in "gangs". I think most of the stuff about how they all are cutters is just sterotype. Some goths do, I did. Most goths do hate life but not all I guess they don't have to. I like ICP and metal and I think all goths should listen to "Goth music".

Post 3

Gothic Dolly

Oh well done! you have now made the tipical "goth steryotype" that the so called "normal people" in socity think we are even more of a load of bull....
Fact:most goths do NOT worship the Devil.I am sick to the eyeballs of people steryotypeing me as a "devil worshiper".Ok im not saying that "some goths" dont worship satan but most of them do not!.Most goths would just give you a blank stare if you said they worshiped satan or the devil.

Like most goths would look at you blankly if you say they are Vampires.

Fact most goths do NOT hate life.....where do you people get this rubish from?....Goths hate the steryotype of the main-streem,the Image that people think you have to be thats all goths hate.

Im not being funny but you havent a clue what you are going on about....im sorry to seam rude but you dont!!....Want to know or get an idear of what goth is go to www.netgoth.co.uk ok read and learn.

Dolly xxx

Post 4

Glorfindel_Ancalime

What is it with all these Stereotypicaly blinded poser goths? id love to see a goth go in the middle of town and slit there wrists...*notes sarcasm* the kind of people that worship the devil are usualy the church..... since the whole vicar incident....dont ask ! bye

Post 5

Luke_Vertiis

Dolly's responce is exactly true...

'proper' goths, dress in the style of the gothic era... not how other people want them to dress.
they're happy people, they just choose not to smile or look like they're on speed.

Post 6

killing_miranda

Wot is going on with the whole 'goth' thing, i myself am into allsorts of alternative music metal/punk/indie/poppunk/death metal etc.... and i allways get called a goth. Some of my m8s refer to themselves as "goths" but there not , justv becuase they listen to death metal or woteva dont mean your a goth. If u actaully researched it Goth is totally differnt to what "townies/chavs" think of it and wot most alternative people think it is. Im proud to be who i am, and thats an alternative not a goth, cos goth totally isnt mystyle, even when i wear all blck, black make-up and white face powder, that dont mek me a goth even if i do like Maralyn Manson adn bands like cradle of filth... I just annoys me how there can be a divide in soicty just over style in clthes and music. Why cant people just accept others 4 who they r, i habg about wid loads of people who r reall class m8s who wear sports cloths and listen to dance and mc music, it doesnt bother me. Why cant it be the smae 4 every1? Why so much god damn hate?

Post 7

6ft7_dude

real goths do not neccersaraly (bad spelling?!) worship the devil, and they do not ask to be gothic, its the way god created them, its liek being disabled or homosexual, you dont choose to be, its the way you are and nothing can change it.

if god wanted you to wear a tracksuit and sit in the park drinking cans of beer, or if he wanted you to wear filthy jeans and never wash your hair and smoke dope then so be it.

Post 8

Synthetic_Childe

I'd like to ake a point. Why catagorise people?
People dress as they do and listen to different music styles because it is what they enjoy, and it is something that makes them feel complete.
You cannot walk past someone, take one look at them and decide that you don't like them because thir wearing a trenchcoat or trackies. You can only decide that when you get to know the person.
The only people you can catagorise are the people who catagorise themselves, because this is what they've chosen, and as far as anyone else is concerned,well done to them.
If you're reading this, and you know that your guilty of yelling abuse at, or generally making misery for, people who look and act different, please take the time to consider shutting up for a moment.
Just because you're with a large group of friends and they're on their own does not give you the right to physically or verbally assult them, because one day it will be you walking along alone, and they will appear with THEIR friends, and it will be YOUR life they are making a misery.
And for the record, a large number of goths are SATANISTS, and Satanists do NOT worship the devil. They merely believe in what the Devil stands for. Search for the 'Church of Satan'on any search engine to see what I'm ranting about, and I can go on for ages!

Synth

Post 9

neutralguy

THANK YOU sixft7 dude, sensible words at last, all you lot seem to do is bitch, but what are you doing about it?

Post 10

ebay_moon

The only thing REALLY scary here is the staggeringly bad spelling, grammar and punctuation of the contributors!

Post 11

TwisTedThought

Synth has the best arguement here...
"The only thing REALLY scary here is the staggeringly bad spelling, grammar and punctuation of the contributors!"
That has nothing to do with this at all.

"real goths do not neccersaraly (bad spelling?!) worship the devil, and they do not ask to be gothic, its the way god created them, its liek being disabled or homosexual, you dont choose to be, its the way you are and nothing can change it.

if god wanted you to wear a tracksuit and sit in the park drinking cans of beer, or if he wanted you to wear filthy jeans and never wash your hair and smoke dope then so be it."

People develope their personalities, because of environmental causes(How they are brought up, where they live, their friends, their experiance) not because of a gene. Being disabled is biological, being homo sexual is apprently biological(though some argue that it is environmental) but being a goth/chav/whatever, is environmental. If you had never been subjected to gothic clothes, book's, music ect, you wouldn't be who you are. The same goes with "chav's". People are not suddenly violent, If they are beaten as a child, or not given enough attenion, or they are allowed to watch violent films from a young age, and they parent's let them get away with being bad, then they grow up to be like that.
All these youth stereotypes made by a modern society where adolensence are giving little real freedom's and are brought up by work a holics who find it hard to give them attention because of the capitalistic wage slave society in which we live in.

Post 12

Johnny Voodoo, Lord of Badgerly Manor

Whilst I happily accept the label of "goth", I'm a punk.

The whole "heavy rock" culture has many aspects, all of which are labelled "goth" by the vox pop, be it punk, goth, metal, whatever.

Society is a major factor in becoming a "goth", as it does seem there are only two choices these days, goth or chav... (in varying degrees) and I know which I would rather be!

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more