A Conversation for Room 101

Put these in, quick!

Post 1

threeoftwo:- Alright, already!!!.

Corned beef tins. Impossible to open and extract corned beef without serious injury occurring.
Biro's. They work the first time just to tease you.
Silk Cut. (WHY?)
Sclub7. Oh please. Pretty please.

Put these in, quick!

Post 2

the other omylouse "multiply (1*6) by (6*1+0+3)!"

can we throw lolly as well? pleaaaaaaaaaassssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeee?????????????!!!

Put these in, quick!

Post 3

Zathras (Unofficial Custodian of H2G2 Room 101. ACE and holder of the BBC Pens)

Corned beef tins.
I don't have a porblem whit hemt. Sorr yabout teh typing, sliecd my fingreu off on a croned beef nit. smiley - winkeye

Biro's. The Biro is an inteligent life form which can only breed in cupboards, hence their cunning ploy of appearing to work and then running out, causing them to be cast into what, to them, is a non stop knocking shop. To consign such a noble and wise creature to room 101 would be cruel.

Silk Cut. Why that particular brand?

SClub7. I'm already considering a request to put the pop music industry in so they might be put in by default. But we can't take the risk that they get out, so. Pulls Leaver

Z

Put these in, quick!

Post 4

Who/What?
Excuse my ignorance

Put these in, quick!

Post 5

lolly. stupid pop singer who cant sing and really pisses every1 off!
i can listen 2 most kindsa music (esp pop) but she really annoys me! smiley - grr

Put these in, quick!

Post 6

(don't know who lolly is, either!)
Thanks for sclub7, it's such a relief...silk cut= because of the little holes around the top which are apparently meant to prevent you inhaling too much smoke, and which the majority of people cover up with a cig paper!! So why?? If you want to smoke less, SMOKE LESS!!!
Just a couple more additions...slug pellets. Because I'm a dog lover, and salt works just as well. Shrink wrapping, Aaargh!!! Daytime T.V. The most demoralizing form of entertainment known to man, except maybe eastenders.
Oh, and just in case the pop music industry manages to escape, could you slip Hearsay in there too??

Put these in, quick!

Post 7

ooh, i totally agree wiv the Hearsay suggestion! but trust me Lolly is soooo much worse! on par wiv Daphne & Celest (soz bout spellin!) even!!!

Have u heard Chris Moyers version of Hearsay's song? its much better than the 'original'! smiley - smiley

Put these in, quick!

Post 8

Well the increasing mounting evidence for the popmusic industry here is making it more likely to go in. If someone doesn't speak up in defence of it soon it will be bannished for ever.

Silk Cut. I'm not convinced that having little holes is a sufficient justification for their oblivion. Just don't buy them, I can't see how their existance is damaging to the soul of the nation in the same way the SClub7 are.

Slug pelletes. Why does salt work just as well, surely putting lots of salt on your garden will damage the plants. And so long as you control your dog it will never eat slug pellets (or do you let it run around over other peoples gardens). No I'm not a dog lover.

Daytime TV. As Marx would have said Daytime TV is the opium of the masses. i.e. it stops them doing other things with their time like cluttering up internet fora like H2G2. Not going in without more justification and examples, although I believe Jermey (Jeans) Clarkson did try to put Richard (Sinster) Madely into Room 101 on the BBC show.

Z

Put these in, quick!

Post 9

in defence of pop music, quite a lot of which i like, i have to point out that its not all cr*p. there just happen to b a fair number of terrible 'artists' out there @ mo.
i know im probaly in the minority here, so if u HAVE to put it in do me a favour & put 'crap pop music' in!

Put these in, quick!

Post 10

So, er, what does that leave, then?? Sorry, sorry, that was completely uncalled for, I know it's all a matter of personal preference...(PUT POP IN QUICK!!) I'm tempted to use a phrase my ex use to say to me regularly (you're entitled to your opinion, but you're wrong!!) but I won't, cos Im nice. I've tried really hard to be fair and impartial, but...no. Still can't think of a reason for the pop industry NOT going into 101....

Great minds

Post 11

C Hawke

Didn't know about this entry (pays to advertize in user names) I had started this thread on Ask H2G2 http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/F19585?thread=102827 I have posted there with this link, as you started before me, but for this favour please add celery but keep parsnips :-) Oh and add Councils who, despite the fact that slot machines in London can dispense tube tickets to anywhere, at any price and give change from a �20 note, cannot make parking ticket machines to give change from �1 coin. CHawke

Put these in, quick!

Post 12

T.B. Falsename ACE: [stercus venio] I have learned from my mistakes, and feel I could repeat them exactly.

I would just like 2 b awkward (i'm dyslexic, i ignore spelling and hope it will go away) pop music, wot wiv pop bein short 4 popular, is ne music people like, so u cant really put all pop music in room 101, just the bad stuff.

oh and u left the ' out of hear'say

2 use 1 of my fav sayins at the mo, 'It's not that I dont like this song, it's just that it's sh*te' & pronouncing the asterisk in sh*te is V difficult
smiley - cool

Put these in, quick!

Post 13

T.B. Falsename ACE: [stercus venio] I have learned from my mistakes, and feel I could repeat them exactly.

ooh, ooh. ive got so'more:
Peeps who ride those god awfull scooters & the scooters they ride
local councils that wont build a decent skate park
& finally peeps who dont like sk8az, just cus of the bit of wood on wheels

B back wen ive got more

Put these in, quick!

Post 14

i agree wiv celery, it should definitly go in! its vile! smiley - yuk

Also crappy shop bought curries that taste nothing like even a half decent curry should! dont get me wrong, i love a good curry (in fact i think i can smell 1 cookin now...). my mum makes her own & i got several friends whose parents make em & they are delicious! (if u wanna good curry buy urself a loada spices & experiment, it aint that hard!)

ooh, & the members of the government that decided our school yr (lower 6th (UK)) were 2 b the guinea-pigs 4 every new system they wanted 2 bring out! grr! smiley - cross

& has stercusstercusstercusmoritussum managed 2 keep pop music outa room 101? if so its an extra smiley - smooch 4 him next time i c him!
(wow sterblahblahblahussum, cant believe ur arguin the case FOR pop music!!<wink&gtsmiley - winkeye

Put these in, quick!

Post 15

im not arguin FOR pop music, its just that ne music people like is technically pop music. but i agree that crap pop music (like steps, sclub7, hear'say, savage garden, westlife, five etc) shgould go in...

...oh no then u'd av 2 get rid of most of ur CD colection smiley - tongueout

Put these in, quick!

Post 16

if u let savage garden go in ur dumped! so change ur mind & change it fast!

(thats 2 ster......sum btw, incase ne1 else is confused!)

Put these in, quick!

Post 17

hey omyluose smiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueout

PS please dont dump me

Put these in, quick!

Post 18

well dont let em go in then!

Put these in, quick!

Post 19

Quite right, to argue that since it is popular it is low quality is cheap intelectual snobbery.

So perhaps those arguing for pop music could further expand on what it is they dislike (for example is it manufactured bands) that should be put in.

Z

Put these in, quick!

Post 20

Microscooter have made it into room 101. I thought I'd carefully consider the arguments pro and con but some idiot riding one nearly knocked me down this morning so into Room 101 they go.

Z

Key: Complain about this post

Put these in, quick!

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more