This is the Message Centre for GreyDesk

My glasses just broke!

Post 1

GreyDesk

A screw has fallen out of glass's frames, hence causing the right lens to drop out of the whole assembly. I can't find the screw anywhere to fix them, and without my glasses I am to all intents and purposes blind.

Therefore I have had to resort to drastic measures...

This journal entry is brought to you by a GD wearing prescription sunglasses, in February, in the middle of the night smiley - blush

My glasses just broke!

Post 2

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

Ok. So far we've got GreyDesk wearing sunglasses in Febryary and eating curry off a pyrex lid, and Number Six weaing swimming trunks and football socks. Not to mention yours truly who made a habit of missing some of the best Manchester punk bands by an hour or two.

May I draw everyone's attention to A2221561

smiley - tongueout

My glasses just broke!

Post 3

GreyDesk

YESSSS! smiley - biggrin

smiley - run

My glasses just broke!

Post 4

marvthegrate LtG KEA

GD, I am in the exact same boat, but I can see w/out my glasses. But I am getting major headaches without them. When I get my tax refund in a couple of weeks I will purchase new specs, but I am without them for the moment.

My glasses just broke!

Post 5

GreyDesk

Well for me, yes, wearing these sunglasses is a temporary option. At least I can do somethings. However I'm not used to wearing them as I've never worn such things in the past -- my eyesight + regular raybans = walk into walls -- and I'm finding it difficult to cope at the moment smiley - sadface

Later on today I shall be visiting the optician. Hopefully they can be fixed for a small fee. If they can't, well that's going to be big expense smiley - wah

My glasses just broke!

Post 6

azahar

This happened to me a couple of months ago - small screw fell out, lens fell out, had to go to the optician. They shouldn't charge you anything at all just to put another screw in. At least they didn't here.

smiley - smiley

az

My glasses just broke!

Post 7

GreyDesk

I got it sorted in the end. The repair wasn't as simple as just a single screw, there is some sort of double screw affair that keeps the lens in and the arm snappy. And it was this that had failed.

But as I said, I got it all sorted. The major cost in time was not the repair, but the walk into and out of town - I couldn't drive it you understand!

My glasses just broke!

Post 8

egon

When I was in my first year at university, i was in a lecture in a large lecture theatre, sitting near the back, and I took my glasses off to clean them on my shirt. Well, the little screw holding the contraption together on the right hand side, fell out, and rolled down under everyone's seats, and I have no idea where it ended up.

I took my glasses to VisioN Express immediately the lecture finished, and they put a new screw in and charged me a pound.

My glasses just broke!

Post 9

GreyDesk

Oh in that case their prices have gone down. My repair was free smiley - smiley

In fact as I swept into the store in my sharp suit, overcoat and shades (in February) and strode up to the reception desk. The lass behind it said, "Have you broken your regular glasses then?" - I guess they see folk like me half a dozen times a day or more smiley - laugh

My glasses just broke!

Post 10

The Ghost of Polidari

Either that or they were subscribed to your ramblings and were expecting you...

smiley - ghost

My glasses just broke!

Post 11

GreyDesk

smiley - yikes It's the ghost again smiley - bigeyes

I don't think I'm that noteworthy to be honest.

* shuffles in an embarrassed sort of a way *

My glasses just broke!

Post 12

Ottox

*takes a note of that*

My glasses just broke!

Post 13

Mu Beta

It must unusual to be a Desk that wasn't designed for taking notes.

B

My glasses just broke!

Post 14

Number Six

smiley - groan

smiley - flansmiley - flansmiley - tomato

smiley - mod

My glasses just broke!

Post 15

GreyDesk

The desk is of 'pointy haired bloke' from Dilbert proportions, so no, it probably isn't designed to for taking notes.

My glasses just broke!

Post 16

Bassman - Funny how people never ceases to amaze me!

I drove my car down a one way street the wrong way, on my way to get my eyes tested one time!! smiley - blue

Bassman smiley - cool

My glasses just broke!

Post 17

marvthegrate LtG KEA

I took my specs in to the optician yesterday and they repaired my glasses free of charge. Now I can see much better, but I too need to go back for a visit and a new prescription.

My glasses just broke!

Post 18

Bassman - Funny how people never ceases to amaze me!

I just bought two pairs of specs - I got the second pair for £50 as part of a deal. One pair just won't sit on my face quite right, I'm still trying to work out if its the specs or my face at fault smiley - biggrin

Bassman smiley - cool

My glasses just broke!

Post 19

supergrandad

Hi, I know the problem well, thats why I switched to solid frames. Once your glasses go wonky it gets a bit dificult to repair them as you now can't see the bally things.
PS I love your sence of humour.smiley - smiley

My glasses just broke!

Post 20

Mu Beta

It's nice to know someone does. smiley - biggrin

B

Key: Complain about this post