A Conversation for h2g2 New Users

Pips

Post 1

Zargon

How about a method of awarding pips to researchers for truly astounding pieces of work. Here’s a possible scoring system:

10 pips, An entry worthy of publication
5 pips, An entry almost worthy of publication
1 pip, An entry worthy of rejection.

Plus as a type of consolation, pips could be awarded for each character in the entry, true this may lead to high scores, but it shows someone has been working hard.

Pips

Post 2

Pele

So if a person writes 11 entries worthy of rejection, they're doing better than a person who writes one accepted entry? *ponder*

Pips

Post 3

Nadia X

Just what are "pips," anyway? It doesn't sound very nice...

Pips

Post 4

NegativeRealityInversion

Actually, my girlfriends name is Pip, so I already have one.... and one Pip is all I need.

Pips

Post 5

Traveller

I thought we had already proved our worthiness just
by getting here in the first place.

Pips-Squeek!

Post 6

Elizabeth

now what if the pip's squeek? then what'll we do with them?

Pips-Squeek!

Post 7

S.R.A.H.

If they squeek then that is OK. If the pips squeal then they get fitted with concrete boots and taken for a walk on the Thames.

Pips-Squeek!

Post 8

Elizabeth

Along the Thames, heh? I live too far away from there... but I could post them!

Pips-Squeek!

Post 9

S.R.A.H.

What part of this globe do you reside? Hey, why don't I just look at your homepage? It better be good smiley - smiley

Pips

Post 10

Zargon

ahhhh! This could easily be seen as a flaw in this system, but I did ponder this problem for some time. Pips will also be awarded for the number of characters (158 characters with spaces so far in paragraph),
thats a very impressive score don't you think.

Pips-Squeek!

Post 11

Elizabeth

I reside in a rather large Commonwealth Country... Canada. Hey.. I'm working on it!! I'm working on it.. my HP is gettin ghtere.. I have another one elsewhere..

Key: Complain about this post