A Conversation for Newcomers' Welcome Page

Newcomers welcome w/c 23rd October 2000

Post 21

Lanc - GURU and ACE

For instance my last post took 3 minutes and that was now.

Honestly it depends on the web, your phone company, our phone company, number of conversations on the processor and the like.

Hope all that helps. 4 minutes ago is almost now. At least for the phone company.

Post 22

Silly Willy

I thought there were 8 mins between the Earth and the Sun, but then you were probably talking about a different solar-system
OK, well thanks for that it just rattled me that one minute it said I had no replies on any conversatiions and then a min later about 5 converstaions had been replied to 3 minutes earlier!
Getting lost in time is worse then getting lost in Space. At least getting lost in Space keeps you busy!

Post 23

Lanc - GURU and ACE

Yup your solar system is about 8 minutes. Mine runs a little fast sometimes but then who is trying to clock the speed of photons anyway...smiley - smiley

Post 24

Silly Willy

Isn't there an experiment to measure neutrinos which involves burying a swimming pool full of cleaning fluid...

Post 25

The Researcher formally known as Dr St Justin

Apparently. At leat you'd end up with a very clean swimming pool... smiley - winkeye

Post 26

Silly Willy

smiley - tongueout

IF anyone wants to know...

Post 27

Trillian

If anyone wants to know, I don't drink tea. Some milk would be sufficient. Or some Coke. Yes, definetly some Coke. And chocolate cake. The rich kind? There. Thank you. Now I can settle down. I eat fast you know, and I love chocolate cake.
Anyway, I...
Hey, did someone mention some cake?

IF anyone wants to know...

Post 28

I think there's some milk in the fridge. Full cream? Semi-skimmed? Skimmed? And there's a really sticky chocolate cake, completely covered in fudgey icing. Although you'll have to wander over to this weeks thread to get it... http://www.h2g2.com/F617?thread=86298&post=700162

Tell me

Post 29

Trillian

Tell me, who can blubber on for 3 days and nights? I can, I guess.

Tell me

Post 30

About anything in particular?

Tell me

Post 31

Lanc - GURU and ACE

Just doing a reality check here... 3 days.. wow thats pretty good. Is there a subject that makes this happen or??

Just checking..

Post 32

Trillian

*sighs mournfully, hitting ~Chairman~ on the head as she does so*

Ah, the pleasure of pain (on condition that it's somebody elses, and I am at a great distance)!

*burps*
*reaches for another Coke*

Key: Complain about this post