This is the Message Centre for Br Robyn Hoode - Navo - complete with theme tune

TEN PERCENT!?!?

Post 1

Br Robyn Hoode - Navo - complete with theme tune

Does he think we're all stupid?

Oh wait, we probably are.

I hope to Bob the wheels fall off this handcart before we get all the way to hell.

~Robyn Hoode. Possibly being made redundant anyway by witless idiots who dont know what they are doing. As bleedin per!~

TEN PERCENT!?!?

Post 2

BMT

Oooh, here, have a smiley - cuddlesmiley - space, you sound as though you need it. I guess this is the upcoming privatisation of the Mail?
10% of nothing is still nothing innit? smiley - biggrin

smiley - cat

TEN PERCENT!?!?

Post 3

mmhmmph.

Thanks for hugs smiley - smiley

Yeah. But it's not 10% of nothing. It will be by the time they've completely ruined what's GOOD about the post office in the name of profit.

Honestly, there's a reason nobody's made the government an offer that's too good to refuse. What we do is too expensive and complicated to run in the modern age. There's some waste, sure, but the garage network fails when it runs at less than 95% efficiency. That's including all our admin (i.e. vehicle legal papers etc.).

And they are trimming us back again, they've decided to squeeze us even tighter for no good reasona except that our new managers think that you can maintain a vehicle in the same way as you'd sort and deliver a parcel. Unfortunately while you might be able to average out the times to empty a truck onto a platform and then into areas and then into walks etc. You cannot do the same with vehicle maintenance. One inspection could take an hour, the next could take two on an identical vehicle. It depends on where it's been used, how it's been used, what state it's in, what's wrong with it...

They've decided we must be more efficient, so they'll make the people and the jobs fit the numbers no matter what. Even though the numbers have been invented out of thin air. smiley - grr

TEN PERCENT!?!?

Post 4

Ferrettbadger. The Renegade Master

The thing that annoys me is this ridiculous fallacy they sem so keen on putting about that the Royal Mail is in trouble because of falling letter volumes and pension deficit.

How exactly is privatisation going to do anything about either of these things?

Politically motivated nonsense which will actually increase the deficit (Royal Mail is a net contributor to public cofers).

FB

TEN PERCENT!?!?

Post 5

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

pheew! only 10 percent eh! Just a thought, a thought mind you, if they do privatise the RM, they might just get some decient managers, not the the penny pinching drarf's they got now! But I think that won't happen, hell in a hand cart is what will happen, RM will be the lamb! Mint sauce! any one............ and hey just another thought, just a thought mind you, I need Ice cream

smiley - smiley

TEN PERCENT!?!?

Post 6

Taff Agent of kaos

if its privateised what happens about its monoply????

does door to door delivery get opened up to everyone???

will it be challengable in court??

smiley - bat

TEN PERCENT!?!?

Post 7

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

Ask this, who want to employ door to door delivery, it's why TNT DHL and the like sent their latters to the RM to be sorted and footwalked into the letterbox for just 13pence, those companys don't want the expence! remember if you use a machine to sort the letters, ok! but i have yet seen a machine to deliver a letter to a 13th floor council block with no liftsmiley - smiley

TEN PERCENT!?!?

Post 8

Grumpy Alembic is back

Will it be renamed, re-packaged, re-logoed? What happens to the 'Royal'? Will it require and Act of Parliament?

When will public services remain public? What guarantees will there be over the service and who will pay when it goes tits up?

Who pays, the employees and the poor bloody public, that's who.

TEN PERCENT!?!?

Post 9

If what I've been told is true, anyone could decide to start a company delivering the Universal Service (blocks of flats, houses on small islands off the scottish coast, isolated cottages in the dales...)

The problem is, it's not a way to make money. Which is why noone wants to buy it.

It has very few assets left and modern business doesn't like labour-intensive. It's not cost effective.

And Rev, it'll make no difference manager-wise, except that the new managers will be even MORE mercenary, not less.

Those flames are gettting hotter. I'm a mechanic! Get me out of here!

TEN PERCENT!?!?

Post 10

sprays brake cleaner at the machenicsmiley - biggrin

TEN PERCENT!?!?

Post 11

burned AND poisoned! Cheers Rev!

TEN PERCENT!?!?

Post 12

tis ok! I know what the management is like and I think they are really nice and happy people................NOTTTTTsmiley - biggrin

TEN PERCENT!?!?

Post 13

nortirascal

You know it's good for you, and there's sure to be a drink in it for 'Call me Dave' and his mates smiley - winkeye

TEN PERCENT!?!?

Post 14

Hmph. That's all very well but I wont be getting in on that round. smiley - crysmiley - brave

TEN PERCENT!?!?

Post 15

nortirascal

What on earth made you think those in power, feathering their nest with cosy 'adavisory' directorships give a toss about you, and me for that matter smiley - shrug

It's all about greed - MINE, MINE, MINE and anything left is MINE!!

If you don't like it, tough, they'll just get there mates in the judiciary to impose it with laws they vote in. smiley - cross Been there, opposed that one and currently being bulldozed into submission.

TEN PERCENT!?!?

Post 16

Yarp... Mind you, it makes a change for you to be in the submissive position eh Norti smiley - grovelsmiley - winkeye

TEN PERCENT!?!?

Post 17

nortirascal

Ooooooooooow! Them needle damn well hurt smiley - wahsmiley - winkeye I forgot how 'easy' I am where you're concerned smiley - rolleyes

TEN PERCENT!?!?

Post 18

TEN PERCENT!?!?

Post 19

I don't know if this is the right place to set this out but it seems to be!
parp smiley - smiley

TEN PERCENT!?!?

Post 20

I want to paint stuff, be creative, human, on my cave wall...... a Bison, a red deer thats it, ok a deer smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

TEN PERCENT!?!?

More Conversations for Br Robyn Hoode - Navo - complete with theme tune

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more